5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proper directional wheels and rotating ? Is it a problem?

RonBang

Reaction score
So I been looking at Arkon OffRoad Lincoln wheels. They are proper directional wheels so can only rotate front to back. Do you think just being able to rotate front to back would be that big of a deal?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Some people like the looks of proper directional wheels.. But as much as you need to rotate bigger aggressive tires I'd never run them! Unless you like mounting and unmounting tires every few rotations... Or if you're not going the aggressive tire route

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RonBang

Reaction score
Gonna do 20x10 -24 or it’s -25 offset with 11.5 wide tires. With a hybrid tire. Only drive like 6-7k miles a year jobs like 5mins from home so...

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
So I been looking at Arkon OffRoad Lincoln wheels. They are proper directional wheels so can only rotate front to back. Do you think just being able to rotate front to back would be that big of a deal?
I think you are confusing directional wheels with directional tires. Directional tires cannot be rotated side to side. Looking at the Arkon website i didnt see anything stating rotation limitations. It looks like the directional wheels are "cosmetically" directional.

RonBang

Reaction score
I think you are confusing directional wheels with directional tires. Directional tires cannot be rotated side to side. Looking at the Arkon website i didnt see anything stating rotation limitations. It looks like the directional wheels are "cosmetically" directional.
no no I mean for looks wise since they are proper directional. If you put the right side wheels on the left for example they will look rotating backwards.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Balancing and alignment are key, and the tires may not last quite as long. My old Vette had different size front and rear wheels and came with directional tires. So...zero rotation possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online