5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progressive Lenses and Digital Rearview Mirror

barrak

Reaction score
Don't bother with the digital rearview mirror if you wear progressive lenses. You need to look at the mirror funny to avoid the optical blur. Flipping the mirror to standard view resolves this issue.

It's all about how optics work. What you see in the standard mirror through the upper right edge of your glasses are really far away "reflected" objects for which that part of the eyeglasses lens is optimized. With the digital view, the "displayed" image is inches away instead of 20+ yards and therefore is out of focus unless you tilt your head right and up enough to see the mirror through the center or bottom lens area.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't bother with the digital rearview mirror if you wear progressive lenses. You need to look at the mirror funny to avoid the optical blur. Flipping the mirror to standard view resolves this issue.

It's all about how optics work. What you see in the standard mirror through the upper right edge of your glasses are really far away "reflected" objects for which that part of the eyeglasses lens is optimized. With the digital view, the "displayed" image is inches away instead of 20+ yards and therefore is out of focus unless you tilt your head right and up enough to see the mirror through the center or bottom lens area.
I would say that has to do with your particular prescription.

n7qpp

Reaction score
I am near sighted and wear progressive lenses. I have no issue viewing the digital rear-view mirror. In fact like it better than the standard mirror.

BNeal

Reaction score
The digital mirror ain't for everybody. But for those of us that it works for, it's great. I have progressive lenses and I see fine using the digital mirror. It's especially handy when your back window is obstructed, like when the my bed cover is flipped up.

Users who are viewing this thread