5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programming the dashboard display

Fab1

Reaction score
I explain, I change the presentation of the display by the variant 3 which I like very much, as seen in the photo below. However, it remains some startup, and suddenly, for no reason, it comes back to the standard display.

Standard
Variant 3, I prefer
Menu to adjust the display
does it happen to you too?
I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited:

SColang22

Reaction score
I explain, I change the presentation of the display by the variant 3 which I like very much, as seen in the photo below. However, it remains some startup, and suddenly, for no reason, it comes back to the standard display.

Standard
View attachment 24576
Variante 3 que je préfère
View attachment 24577
Menu pour régler l'affichage
View attachment 24580
does it happen to you too?
I'm doing something wrong?
There are a ton of threads on this already. Its a known issue and they are suppose to be working an update. Check this link.

Fab1

Reaction score
Thank you, I will already try with the memory of the seat, after doing programming.

I tell you again.

SColang22

Reaction score
Thank you, I will already try with the memory of the seat, after doing programming.

I tell you again.
That didn’t work for me. They’ve been saying a software update for months

Fab1

Reaction score
Well, I programmed the theme of the dashboard, memorize the position of the seat, but it did not work, after a few starts, the basic theme returned to the dashboard, grrrrr

SColang22

Reaction score
Well, I programmed the theme of the dashboard, memorize the position of the seat, but it did not work, after a few starts, the basic theme returned to the dashboard, grrrrr
yea that's what I was saying I did. There's a software update that is suppose to be coming. If you read through that thread I sent you it'll talk about all of this.

Fab1

Reaction score
yea that's what I was saying I did. There's a software update that is suppose to be coming. If you read through that thread I sent you it'll talk about all of this.

Scolang22, Thank you, but I read this post, I must to make an update at the dealership, or I missed something? Or no issue at the moment ?

SColang22

Reaction score
Scolang22, Thank you, but I read this post, I must to make an update at the dealership, or I missed something? Or no issue at the moment ?
There is still an issue. You need to wait for the FCA to come out with a software update. That's what that whole thread is talking about.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there not a TSB for this? I thought there was, I know the 12" screen had this memory issue in the early builds, but seems to have been resolved for close to a year now...

Have you guys with the 8.4's screened through the TSB section for this issue? There are multiple updates / flashes out there for all the screen types, I know that.

RodRow

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealership after a week with them
(don't get me started :mad:)
to "listen" to my squealing brakes and fix my faulty backup camera.

With a backup camera that acts up after going through a car wash, they decided to update my software to fix it. :rolleyes: It did not. However, the 8.4 Nav update apparently fixed the Theme resetting on the instrument panel.
Hell, at least I got SOMETHING out of it!

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

With a backup camera that acts up after going through a car wash, they decided to update my software to fix it. It did not. However, the 8.4 Nav update apparently fixed the Theme resetting on the instrument panel.

Idk who the **** thought that the software would fix a water getting into the camera somewhere problem, but holy damn, take it to another dealer, lol.

RodRow

Reaction score
Idk who the **** thought that the software would fix a water getting into the camera somewhere problem, but holy damn, take it to another dealer, lol.
Yeah, apparently the tech was brilliant! I was just so tired of jacking with the service guy, I said “That is completely illogical...give me my freakin keys!”.

Next they will have found, after extensive testing, if the brakes are not applied, they do not squeal, ergo...do NOT press the brakes! :rolleyes:

I’ll be looking for another dealership for sure!

RodRow

Reaction score

With a backup camera that acts up after going through a car wash, they decided to update my software to fix it. :rolleyes: It did not. However, the 8.4 Nav update apparently fixed the Theme resetting on the instrument panel.
Well crap! My dashboard theme reset this morning! In other words, the update didn’t fix it.
It stayed on the custom theme for the whole day yesterday...remote starts, normal starts, etc didn’t make it reset. But now, same old :poop:!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine will keep the Theme for anywhere from the next key cycle to a couple of days then the instrument cluster reverts back to Theme 1 and the 8.4" stays with whatever I've selected.

This issue is captured in STAR Case S1808000221. The first time I had this issue I was told that the software update to fix this was coming in April. Now they just tell me that an update is pending.

It's a minor annoyance (first world problem) in the grand scheme of things but for the price of the truck I would expect FCA to prioritize getting their "all-new" RAM in order.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealership yesterday and there is still no software update for this STAR Case. FCA is telling my dealership it should be out 3rd quarter this year, which is sometime between now (July) and September.

Merlin

Reaction score
I have been dealing with the same issue, but so far as long as I don't use my uconnect app for anything and I don't remote start it the theme stays in the cluster. Annoying yes. Whats more annoying is the radio display freezing on a song playing over bluetooth from either amazon music or pandora. I have to shut the radio off and then turn it back on for the display to catch up.

moonfire

Reaction score
I got a radio update today related to a different issue and it put me to software version 1848.24. They told me the next radio release is due out 4th quarter of this year, but may be pushed back. Find a reason on this TSB to have them at least update you to the latest software for now if you'd like. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

Jeet

Reaction score
I have been in same boat and patiently waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread