5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programming new key fob with alpha odb

Captkent

Reaction score
Has anyone here programed new key fob with alpha odb? I just fixed my bed lights with alpha and now I've bought new key fobs with the remote tailgate release button.

Just wondering if someone knows the procedure?

1936BJohndeere

Reaction score
I would like to know how this goes also. Have a Big Horn and would like to be able to remote release the tailgate. Lots of info out there but not sure if I just need the new key fob and programing or additional mechanical and harness stuff to make it work. i don't own the alpha odb yet, but don't want to buy it if I don't need to.

Captkent

Reaction score
Well seeing how I already bought it I’m gonna try to go that route.

From what i know you need to have the remote start package and if your cargo light come on with the tailgate open it can be done. Keys are 200 something i paid 200 plus’s tax cause i get dealer cost on parts. But i think they were 225 or 235. For 2 new fobs with the unlock lock tailgate release and remote start buttons oh and panic.

My dealer wants 65 to program them. But when I went to do it my tailgate ajar light wouldn’t work and they say couldn’t be fixed so i bought alpha and fixed it in 5 min. So now why pay 65 when i should do it my self . I think i know what to do just reaching out to see if I’m right.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New keys can't be programmed with Alpha Obd

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread