5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Program light switch

Bennyboiii

Reaction score
So I noticed something on my 2019 ram 1500 longhorn when I turned on the parking brake. The low beam headlight turned off but the LED strip in the headlight remained on. Made the truck look awesome! So I’m wondering if there’s a way to program the light switch to work the way I want it to. Would love to drive with just the LED strip on.

I’m getting the truck blacked out, full chrome delete so it’s at the shop till the end of the week. Will post pics when I get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
So I noticed something on my 2019 ram 1500 longhorn when I turned on the parking brake. The low beam headlight turned off but the LED strip in the headlight remained on. Made the truck look awesome! So I’m wondering if there’s a way to program the light switch to work the way I want it to. Would love to drive with just the LED strip on.

I’m getting the truck blacked out, full chrome delete so it’s at the shop till the end of the week. Will post pics when I get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My led accent lights are always on. Kinda hard to see in sunlight though

Bennyboiii

Reaction score
Have you checked the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) setting in your Uconnect, to see what it does?
I never noticed setting for the DRL in the Uconnect. I just got the truck 2 weeks ago so I guess I still have some fiddling around to do lol

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never noticed setting for the DRL in the Uconnect. I just got the truck 2 weeks ago so I guess I still have some fiddling around to do lol

I saw the setting and turned it off. I never actually looked to see what is on when that setting is on... LOL

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you turn DRL’s on, the headlights turn on

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you turn DRL’s on, the headlights turn on
That’s true in both the US and Canada. The DRLs are the headlights (at partial brightness). But they can be turned off, leaving just the LED accent strips on, at least in the US. I seem to recall that DRLs are mandated in Canada. Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread