5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

program factory remote to work other recievers

redneck

Reaction score
ok so im looking at the ranch fiberglass tonneau cover with the remote open feature it comes with its own key fob but i want to know is their any way to program its reciever to open using the factory ram remote. i dont want to carry 2 remotes

redneck

Reaction score
no one? im sure their is something out their i just need to fine some reciever that works on the same freq. as the factory remote

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
The thing to do is find the actual power wires to the tonneau and wire them in with the tailgate unlock. Then you don't need the second receiver and fob.

I know somewhere here someone identified the wires so he could tee his camper shell lock in to his tailgate. Happy hunting.

redneck

Reaction score
may be a good idea need to ck the output voltage of both & see what i can do

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The factory remote cannot be reprogrammed to operate other items. So unless you can tie the lock/unlock wiring together as suggested above, you're probably SOL.

Some aftermarket remote starts can be operated by the factory remote, but that’s all handled by the added remote start. Usually a dedicated input wire tied into the factory lock wire so it can be signaled to start the sequence when you press the lock button 3x or something similar.

redneck

Reaction score
yeah i dont want to reprogram the factory remote i want to find a reciever that will work with the factory remote so i can hook it up to the locks on the tonneau cover

Users who are viewing this thread