5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Production Process

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight on how the assembly process works for these trucks? Is it 1 day of black Laramies, day 2 black Limiteds, or do they run the same color in multiple trims? I ask because as I get a little impatient about waiting for a patriot blue with ramboxes, I look around on cars.com for patriot blue limiteds without and there are only 76 in the nation. But 1700 black, silver and red, yet no ivory. I know some colors won't get the production numbers of others, but it seems bizarre that a single Ivory hasn't been delivered yet. Any insight into the process would be great to know, I worry that in my niche of patriot blue, they will start ramboxes and run through all the colors with blue last = late august or so. I've also heard not to put too much thought into my vin which is KN609462 and seems to be pretty high. Not expecting anyone to overly care about my rant lol just wanted to learn how the production line is working. Thank you!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Color has nothing to do with assembly and manufacturing the truck. VIN # also does not help figuring when your truck will be built either. If you read other threads on this forum people have mentioned that higher VIN's have been started or made prior to a low VIN #

Twoamen

Reaction score
What is consistent is Mopar build information inconsistency. Read the other post on builds here. They'll be listed under different headings. The information is all over the map.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gotchya, my apologies gents. I have scoured the the various thread and even look at f150's forum about OUR ram because it is so active. I was just hoping someone had some insight on how the orders are received and scheduled, and I had seen most of those youtube links but failed to connect them to my statement of "do they build all black Laramie's, then all black limiteds" it clearly is multiple colors. I was just hoping someone would offer a 3rd grade explanation for me and other simple minded folks on how it works. My apologies for beating a dead horse! The other half of me is sometimes posting things that I technically could answer myself, to get it as active as the ford forums. Did not mean to imply that I was too lazy to search the forum as I know that kind of post can be very annoying (ie. another tire size question). Cheers!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel your pain! I am waiting on a patriot blue Longhorn in a two tone. Haven’t found any like it in the nation on any sight! Not sure if that is good because there are no others like it or bad because it will be so ugly no one else wants that color combo! Lol Thanks for the info guys.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain! I am waiting on a patriot blue Longhorn in a two tone. Haven’t found any like it in the nation on any sight! Not sure if that is good because there are no others like it or bad because it will be so ugly no one else wants that color combo! Lol Thanks for the info guys.

Hahaha. Huge fan of the blue, I saw it on a dealer lot for the first time yesterday. It's pretty dark and can look black at times which I wasn't expecting but, it's stunning. Also, not sure if you've already came across this or not, and not a longhorn but hey, it's close. Cheers!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/737681627/overview/

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahaha. Huge fan of the blue, I saw it on a dealer lot for the first time yesterday. It's pretty dark and can look black at times which I wasn't expecting but, it's stunning. Also, not sure if you've already came across this or not, and not a longhorn but hey, it's close. Cheers!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/737681627/overview/
Thanks! I did see a patriot blue limited with body color match bumpers on a you tube dealer video a few days ago. I agree, gorgeous looking truck. Love the dark blue appearance. Just hoping the rv match brown two tone goes well with it!

SHAP_supplier

Reaction score
Does anyone have insight on how the assembly process works for these trucks? Is it 1 day of black Laramies, day 2 black Limiteds, or do they run the same color in multiple trims? I ask because as I get a little impatient about waiting for a patriot blue with ramboxes, I look around on cars.com for patriot blue limiteds without and there are only 76 in the nation. But 1700 black, silver and red, yet no ivory. I know some colors won't get the production numbers of others, but it seems bizarre that a single Ivory hasn't been delivered yet. Any insight into the process would be great to know, I worry that in my niche of patriot blue, they will start ramboxes and run through all the colors with blue last = late august or so. I've also heard not to put too much thought into my vin which is KN609462 and seems to be pretty high. Not expecting anyone to overly care about my rant lol just wanted to learn how the production line is working. Thank you!

You may be waiting awhile. Sterling Heights (SHAP) continues to have launch delays while converting from cars to trucks. They have thousands of trucks on hold awaiting rework or missing parts and SHAP weekly decreases orders to their suppliers. One reason why Warren Truck continues to build 2018MY Ram 1500's.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may be waiting awhile. Sterling Heights (SHAP) continues to have launch delays while converting from cars to trucks. They have thousands of trucks on hold awaiting rework or missing parts and SHAP weekly decreases orders to their suppliers. One reason why Warren Truck continues to build 2018MY Ram 1500's.
Maybe my wait will be for the best. Give them more time to fix the problems before my truck rolls down the line!

Users who are viewing this thread