5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Had my two fronts tinted today. After I got home and wiped the dash down to remove the over spray I noticed this. Is this a delamination issue? Has anyone else had this issue? Clearly I'm pissed, shop that did the work came to the house and took pictures, said to give it 2 days.

Attachments

• 20221112_132339.jpg
    20221112_132339.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20221112_132313.jpg
    20221112_132313.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 20221112_132317.jpg
    20221112_132317.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so we’re looking at the leather door panel & not any bubbles in the window which is normal to wait 2-4 days or heck even a week or 2 for my windshield tint to fully gas off.

I don’t know how they did that to the door panels aside from possibly putting too much weight or pressure on it & also getting too much moisture or solvent down below the panel that would make it wet & then apply pressure. Either way, that should never happen. I’ve had tint 100% around on my 21 & then my 22 Ram with zero issues. Definitely nothing like that. Sorry for the PITA!

Did they say give it two days to see if it would work itself out and not offer an explanation of why they think that could have happened?

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Ok, so we’re looking at the leather door panel & not any bubbles in the window which is normal to wait 2-4 days or heck even a week or 2 for my windshield tint to fully gas off.

I don’t know how they did that to the door panels aside from possibly putting too much weight or pressure on it & also getting too much moisture or solvent down below the panel that would make it wet & then apply pressure. Either way, that should never happen. I’ve had tint 100% around on my 21 & then my 22 Ram with zero issues. Definitely nothing like that. Sorry for the PITA!

Did they say give it two days to see if it would work itself out and not offer an explanation of why they think that could have happened?
Correct, he said he did 2 trucks the other day. Seems like water damage to me. He said he'd fix but that involves replacing the entire door panels. Both front doors are like that.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least he said he’d replace. But yeah, looks a bit like water damage. Easily avoidable if installers use Soak Ropes & things like that. I use a specific tinter who religiously uses things like this & he’s one of the only in my area who can properly & fully tint Ram windshields & others that have a ton of sensors that can’t get wet or the vehicle won’t start. I’ve had him tint 3 of my 100% of my windshields at 50%, 2 of which were Rams, along with all 4 doors & the rear with zero issues. I called around before settling on consistently using him after he thoroughly explained everything on the phone & walking me through why their methods are better.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
At least he said he’d replace. But yeah, looks a bit like water damage. Easily avoidable if installers use Soak Ropes & things like that. I use a specific tinter who religiously uses things like this & he’s one of the only in my area who can properly & fully tint Ram windshields & others that have a ton of sensors that can’t get wet or the vehicle won’t start. I’ve had him tint 3 of my 100% of my windshields at 50%, 2 of which were Rams, along with all 4 doors & the rear with zero issues. I called around before settling on consistently using him after he thoroughly explained everything on the phone & walking me through why their methods are better.
Its definitely water damage. It's been outside and I went to look again and noticed water in the corner still. Clearly these guys have no idea what they are doing. Shame on me for not asking questions.

Attachments

• 20221112_144820.jpg
    20221112_144820.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 57

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah man, shame on them for making us have to ask questions & just doing sub par work without researching the vehicles they work on.

GMetal

Reaction score
Is the door panel broken? looks like broken plastic poking up to the leather

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Owner called today and advised me they made insurance claim Thursday. Just waiting on their adjuster. This makes me feel better about the whole incident.. So far he's been a man of his word on making it right.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
The door panels on a limited are crazy expensive

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread