5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with the Truxedo sentry ct

Slonis

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm new here. My name is Dennis and I live in Germany. Since recently, I've mounted a truxedo sentry ct on my 2020 RAM. I like it very much, but it's difficult to close and I think it's a little too wide for my loading area. The length fits perfectly. Does anyone have the same problems? Are there any solutions here?
1A506BC0-334F-4D7E-8377-BE536E385447.jpeg 6EE8BD62-79B9-415D-90DE-600A72BDF257.jpeg 0AED20C5-14DD-4A75-AD53-38BE0095D674.jpeg F56E26E3-9F0E-4BEF-AA92-FFEB350936A5.jpeg 7978FCBA-3EB0-4C3D-A8BC-8D85A3E0C101.jpeg

NWRogue

Reaction score
Mine looks about the same. Works fine, no binding.

Edit: ok on second look it appears that your deck is wider than mine. my velcro does not extend past the metal on the rails attached to the bed, and it looks like yours does.

IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg

Last edited:

Mchurch52

Reaction score
When I tightened down the mounting rails on mine I put some pressure on them with my leg to ensure they were firmly butted up against the truck bed side rails. That may gain you a bit more clearance and stop the binding. It also looks like your mounting rails are tipped down slightly which would narrow the width between the tracks and the cover. I'd loosen and retighten the rail mounting hardware, making sure they are firmly against the bed rail and not tipped at all.

Slonis

Reaction score
When I tightened down the mounting rails on mine I put some pressure on them with my leg to ensure they were firmly butted up against the truck bed side rails. That may gain you a bit more clearance and stop the binding. It also looks like your mounting rails are tipped down slightly which would narrow the width between the tracks and the cover. I'd loosen and retighten the rail mounting hardware, making sure they are firmly against the bed rail and not tipped at all.

The rails lie completely against me. I also noticed that these lean slightly downwards. But these cannot be changed, I have often bent them upwards.

NWRogue

Reaction score
Hard to see in the images i posted earlier, but here is a closeup of how my rails butt against the truck. Notice the rubber pad, runs the entire length of the rail, and i'm sure i installed it based on the instructions. This pad forces the rail to tilt into the bed.

rail pad.jpg

NiteRAM

Reaction score
I just installed mine. Looks great but had first hard rain today and there is definitely water in the bed. Are they suppose to keep it dry in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiteRAM

Reaction score
Also the cover itself is soaked. It doesn’t repel water, although not sure if it’s supposed to.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Doesn’t repel water but can be treated too do so.. and water will get in not much tho

Slonis

Reaction score
I just installed mine. Looks great but had first hard rain today and there is definitely water in the bed. Are they suppose to keep it dry in there?

so no water comes through the cover for me. I do have the CT model though. But I have also noticed that water easily runs in through the corners, so now I am considering whether I should work with an additional seal. It only runs easily in both front corners.

NWRogue

Reaction score
mine cover gets soaked, haven't treated it even though i'm in the Pacific NW. it does let water in the bed at the 4 corners, i haven't noticed that the cover leaks though, just at the corners where there are small gaps you cannot completely close.

I keep stuff i don't want getting wet away from the corners or in the cab.

Slonis

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea here what can be done about the leaky corners?

Slonis

Reaction score
that sounds good, could you send me a picture of how you did it?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

NiteRAM

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think it’s going through mine either even though it’s soaked. There is certainly leak points at the 4 corners.

Also another problem I noticed today. Drove around with the cover rolled up for the first time today to dry all the water out in the bed. When I tried to close the cover up for the night it must have misaligned it or something because now the thing won’t shut properly. It was shutting fine before. I finally got it to shut playing with the string latch however I rolled it up again and same issue happened. Also doesn’t seem to lock as flawless as when it was first installed. Going to stop by the dealer tomorrow and voice my frustration..

Slonis

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think it’s going through mine either even though it’s soaked. There is certainly leak points at the 4 corners.

Also another problem I noticed today. Drove around with the cover rolled up for the first time today to dry all the water out in the bed. When I tried to close the cover up for the night it must have misaligned it or something because now the thing won’t shut properly. It was shutting fine before. I finally got it to shut playing with the string latch however I rolled it up again and same issue happened. Also doesn’t seem to lock as flawless as when it was first installed. Going to stop by the dealer tomorrow and voice my frustration..

Is there any news from the dealer? love from

Tewesy

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm new here. My name is Dennis and I live in Germany. Since recently, I've mounted a truxedo sentry ct on my 2020 RAM. I like it very much, but it's difficult to close and I think it's a little too wide for my loading area. The length fits perfectly. Does anyone have the same problems? Are there any solutions here?
View attachment 90371 View attachment 90372 View attachment 90373 View attachment 90374 View attachment 90375
Hey Slonis, the rails look like they are leaning in and downwards. Try a 10mm spacer between the 6 aluminium mounting tabs and the rails, this should fix your problem. You have to get some slightly longer bolts to accommodate the spacers

Users who are viewing this thread