5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with my ram 1500

Level5

Reaction score
Bought the truck out of state and pick it up around 4pm with only 24 miles on the speedo. Didn’t pay attention to the headliner until the next morning. Saw a water stained on the headliner. Took it in to the dealership but they couldn’t get to it in a few days. Called around other dealerships telling me the same thing, couldn’t get to it for a week. Took upon myself to find the problem and fix it on my own.
1000 miles later driving out of state for vacation and more problems surfaced. Tpms randomly malfunctions but no problems with tire or pressure, just wheel tpms sensor on 3 wheels. Then, 4 wheel drive randomly goes malfunction that is associated with trailer brake and ESP. Sometimes the apple play doesn’t work right on the GPS. it would displayed my old or home position and map instead of my current position of the map. I noticed the electronics or electrical devices on this truck is slow and you’ll have to give it a couple of seconds before you push or activate anything otherwise it wouldn’t work sort of like, lagging on your computer. Does anyone have the same issue I’m having? I want to know what is the fix because I don’t want to drop it off for weeks or months for the tech to drive it and to see it. I hope this is all I’ll ever see otherwise I’m enjoying this truck.

2019 new body 1500 Laramie 4x4

Attachments

• 5E5005F9-A248-4DD6-BCB9-523F3F498E9A.jpeg
    5E5005F9-A248-4DD6-BCB9-523F3F498E9A.jpeg
    846.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 066590FF-45FD-499F-874F-5F0ABE0508BC.jpeg
    066590FF-45FD-499F-874F-5F0ABE0508BC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • F06544E4-612B-4D4D-810D-D68D769BA5C9.jpeg
    F06544E4-612B-4D4D-810D-D68D769BA5C9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • 75233934-AED9-4E57-B100-FF1E22E8991D.jpeg
    75233934-AED9-4E57-B100-FF1E22E8991D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 4402D5D4-A9B0-4264-ADA8-A15F8FF3F47E.jpeg
    4402D5D4-A9B0-4264-ADA8-A15F8FF3F47E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • B3ABD637-7D4D-445F-88F7-C2CB22BFF0E8.jpeg
    B3ABD637-7D4D-445F-88F7-C2CB22BFF0E8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Document all this and go to dealer, don't attempt to fix urself incase u need to lemon law t tf uck

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The carplay issue sounds familiar... do a search, I seem to recall some people stating it was an issue with the OS and not the truck.

geotex1

Reaction score
CarPlay is your Phone's issue. You need to update the version of iOS and make sure the app is current.

You running anything with a radio frequency that's not stock to the truck? Sunroof, or was that stain rear window? Build date?

Level5

Reaction score
CarPlay is your Phone's issue. You need to update the version of iOS and make sure the app is current.

You running anything with a radio frequency that's not stock to the truck? Sunroof, or was that stain rear window? Build date?
It’s all stock and no sunroof. It was leaking from the brake light near the satellite antenna and caused water stain on my headliner.
There was something conflicting with the CarPlay and it’s not the version because there was no updated version to be update. I guessed I have to update this damn truck to a better truck. Lol.
My truck build date is 5/18.

Level5

Reaction score
Document all this and go to dealer, don't attempt to fix urself incase u need to lemon law t tf uck
You’re right. I will bring this to the dealer but what if they say they can’t or don’t see the lights or malfunction? I don’t want them to hold my truck for weeks or months because it doesn’t come on.

geotex1

Reaction score
It’s all stock and no sunroof. It was leaking from the brake light near the satellite antenna and caused water stain on my headliner.
There was something conflicting with the CarPlay and it’s not the version because there was no updated version to be update. I guessed I have to update this **** truck to a better truck. Lol.

Good news (bad news?) in that the third brake light is a known problem. Your truck is an early build. The seal was changed. You should have no fight having this fixed, but your windshield must be removed to R&R the headliner.

Also because you have an early build, you may be in need of some updated programming, but I can tell you I had to update both my iPhone 6 and later 8 replacement to most current iOS and app to have CarPlay play nicely. Many others have found the same.

PTRAM

Reaction score
There was something conflicting with the CarPlay and it’s not the version because there was no updated version to be update. I guessed I have to update this **** truck to a better truck. Lol.

Darn, I just purchased my Ram on Dec. 11th, 2018 and it had 8 miles on it and I did not check the build date till too late. Mine was also built on 5-18 ( to be exact--12th day 7th hour) I have the Quad Cab so don't know if mine is less safe than those built after July 2018 but would guess the Quad Cab probably is too.. So far it is okay, but I did have to relpace the Nixen Roadians and replaced them with Michelin Defenders which solved most of the vibration I had. (more on this on other post-so won't repeat here). But I will check my tail lights for moisture and it has been sitting outside in a lot of rain, so I will take a look--haven't seen any moisture in the cab so far.

Level5

Reaction score
Good news (bad news?) in that the third brake light is a known problem. Your truck is an early build. The seal was changed. You should have no fight having this fixed, but your windshield must be removed to R&R the headliner.

Also because you have an early build, you may be in need of some updated programming, but I can tell you I had to update both my iPhone 6 and later 8 replacement to most current iOS and app to have CarPlay play nicely. Many others have found the same.
The dealer told me they will try to clean it but might not replace it because it might give me more problems to to removing the windshield. So much for confidence in the dealership.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer told me they will try to clean it but might not replace it because it might give me more problems to to removing the windshield. So much for confidence in the dealership.
Hey I have a leaking third brake light and I have an October build.

Users who are viewing this thread