5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems after Header Install?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
41IlvSN5TFL._AC_.jpg
I used to do just that and have even got rid of vehicles to avoid what seemed like a giant common problem. When I stepped back and realized that me spending too much time reading about a very small group of people with issues was the real problem, I got over worrying about the “before it becomes a problem / what if” scenarios.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Did you install yourself? If so, how long did it take? Thinking about doing this as well. But, I only have 5k miles so might wait a few thousand if they install is tough.
No, I have done everything else, this time my neighbor who is a mechanic is doing it on Saturday

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I used to do just that and have even got rid of vehicles to avoid what seemed like a giant common problem. When I stepped back and realized that me spending too much time reading about a very small group of people with issues was the real problem, I got over worrying about the “before it becomes a problem / what if” scenarios.
I sold an ‘3 the same way, just scared all the time. Probably a POS but I never knew .

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Did you get your headers installed? If so, can you share thoughts on the results?

yea did.

I would NOT get AFE… my mechanic had to notch the top of the header base to get a bolt in, there was no way around it.

The inside, I regret not taking a pic, worlds worst welds in inside, just imagine the power you could get with smooth words, it was horrible.
Installation wasn’t as easy and my mechanic did it.

I used these amazing locking bolts, they never loosened up. If any one needs header bolt suggestion, let me know.

The power is amazing. Love it, with the other mods t’s keeping me happy while staying away from the TRX….waiting for more of street performer..RUMORS.

Story to add to my header he’ll, the week prior took my ram to get oil change, the place stop my lock lugnut, probably to steal wheels later.

Well, mechanic started in headers and we couldn’t get wheels off, after cussing up a storm and figuring out what happened.

We torqued them off and started the header job.

Ramjack

Reaction score
yea did.

I would NOT get AFE… my mechanic had to notch the top of the header base to get a bolt in, there was no way around it.

The inside, I regret not taking a pic, worlds worst welds in inside, just imagine the power you could get with smooth words, it was horrible.
Installation wasn’t as easy and my mechanic did it.

I used these amazing locking bolts, they never loosened up. If any one needs header bolt suggestion, let me know.

The power is amazing. Love it, with the other mods t’s keeping me happy while staying away from the TRX….waiting for more of street performer..RUMORS.

Story to add to my header he’ll, the week prior took my ram to get oil change, the place stop my lock lugnut, probably to steal wheels later.

Well, mechanic started in headers and we couldn’t get wheels off, after cussing up a storm and figuring out what happened.

We torqued them off and started the header job.
Thanks for replying. I'm surprised you could feel any power difference with shorty headers. I wouldn't think they'd yield more than 5-10hp max. That's been my experience with shorties in the past.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I'm surprised you could feel any power difference with shorty headers. I wouldn't think they'd yield more than 5-10hp max. That's been my experience with shorties in the past.
Well I was scared of that, my brother in law had almost no affect on his Silverado.

but with all my other mods, I think my headers became choke point maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread