5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably done on a Friday.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
Getting ready for a trip to Michigan for my Stepdad's funeral up at Sterling Heights where he worked at Chrysler, exactly where my Ram was built at the Sterling Heights plant, and also where I worked at Sears in Lakeside mall as a auto technician back in the day. I was packing up the truck and found the kids pulled the seat belt buckle out from the seat. While investigating I found it was never completely fully installed from the factory, if it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't have never known. Check your back seat (seat belts) and make sure they are installed under the 18mm bolt on the lower seat frame as mine was just hanging. I hope I don't start a recall, lol. Thanks for messing around kids. RIP dad Stephen J Bonnis from Eastpointe MI and retired Chrysler worker. Was probably made on a Friday! 20230825_093426.jpg 20230825_093434.jpg 20230825_093517.jpg 20230825_093819.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, glad you found that. Although we don't want accidents to happen, but when you rely on the safety equipment to be working, that could have been really bad.

23RAM

Reaction score
Check your back seat (seat belts) and make sure they are installed under the 18mm bolt on the lower seat frame as mine was just hanging.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be checking mine after work today.

6of36

Reaction score
Getting ready for a trip to Michigan for my Stepdad's funeral up at Sterling Heights where he worked at Chrysler, exactly where my Ram was built at the Sterling Heights plant, and also where I worked at Sears in Lakeside mall as a auto technician back in the day. I was packing up the truck and found the kids pulled the seat belt buckle out from the seat. While investigating I found it was never completely fully installed from the factory, if it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't have never known. Check your back seat (seat belts) and make sure they are installed under the 18mm bolt on the lower seat frame as mine was just hanging. I hope I don't start a recall, lol. Thanks for messing around kids. RIP dad Stephen J Bonnis from Eastpointe MI and retired Chrysler worker. Was probably made on a Friday! View attachment 165886 View attachment 165887 View attachment 165893 View attachment 165894
Lakeside is a ghost town now. Only a few stores remain. It is scheduled for demolition, so get your last look while here. Condolences.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was probably built by a temp worker they have to bring in due to the high amount of call in union workers.

6of36

Reaction score
It was probably built by a temp worker they have to bring in due to the high amount of call in union workers.
They don't have temps. I believe you are a Mopar mechanic, and should know that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
"The UAW has requested that the carmakers increase the compensation of their hourly workforce by 46% over the life of the four-year agreement."
"...retiree health care, and the reduction of the work week to 32 hours from 40."

What a list of demands that union has....
Work less get paid more, I think another party has that in mind...

Ill take my truck built by robots next please!

6of36

Reaction score
"Stellantis says 12% of its UAW workers are temporary, with a starting wage of $15.78"
Stellantis says 12% of its UAW workers are temporary, with a starting wage of $15.78 and maximum pay of $19.78 after four years. GM and Ford say they use far fewer temporary employees in their plants.3 days ago

Can't read the article, but googled these results. If they are working there 4 years, that's not temporary. That is the lower tier permanent employees. But then, that's the washinton post, a hack newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread