5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro Suspension 2" lowering coils and B2 Fabrication Magnaflow kit installed

Powerman1960

Reaction score
I installed Pro Suspension's 2" lowering coils on the rear of my Ram this week, as well as the Magnaflow muffler kit from B2Fabrication. The coils were fairly easy to install. It took about an hour and a half, using a set of coil spring compressors. The coils currently lowered the rear about a inch and a quarter. I expect them to settle slightly, which should place them closer to the 2". There is a noticeable difference. As for the muffler kit, it is high quality, well-made, fits like a glove and was easy to install, about an hour and a half. I was concerned about increasing noise inside the cab, but, it doesn't. It has a nice rumble on start and acceleration, but remains quiet at 60-75 mph. Very pleased with both of the installs. I have another mod in transit...… a set of wheels and tires from Discounttiredirect and I will post pics when I install them. Happy New Year to all!

SAM_0784.JPG Ramafter (1).JPG Ramafter (2).JPG Ramafter (5).JPG Ramafter (6).JPG

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I just completed my install of these lowering springs and they are awesome. I'm not one of those people who think every modification completely changes the vehicle, like +25 hp and +5 mpg with a cold air intake, but I am very impressed with these lowering springs.

I was expecting the ride to be very slightly worse, but my initial impression is they are very slightly better than stock. The rear feels a little less bouncy and almost like there is a little weight in the bed. Maybe this is in my head, but they are absolutely not worse riding than stock for an empty truck.

Firebird

Reaction score
How is the Magnaflow when MDS engages?
Honestly, not bad. I have been very pleased with it. I had the 14" on my 2015, and it was too loud and droned too much, that's why I went with the 18" this time.

SCHADYGRADY

Reaction score
I installed Pro Suspension's 2" lowering coils on the rear of my Ram this week, as well as the Magnaflow muffler kit from B2Fabrication. The coils were fairly easy to install. It took about an hour and a half, using a set of coil spring compressors. The coils currently lowered the rear about a inch and a quarter. I expect them to settle slightly, which should place them closer to the 2". There is a noticeable difference. As for the muffler kit, it is high quality, well-made, fits like a glove and was easy to install, about an hour and a half. I was concerned about increasing noise inside the cab, but, it doesn't. It has a nice rumble on start and acceleration, but remains quiet at 60-75 mph. Very pleased with both of the installs. I have another mod in transit...… a set of wheels and tires from Discounttiredirect and I will post pics when I install them. Happy New Year to all!

View attachment 42632 View attachment 42633 View attachment 42634 View attachment 42635 View attachment 42636
Any further comments on your 2" rear-only lowering kit? Still happy and comfortable with it? Did you consider that warranty claims MAY get denied due to lowering it? Any particular reason why you avoided lowering both the front and rear with the popular 2"/4" drop kits?

WR986

Reaction score

View attachment 42632 View attachment 42633 View attachment 42634 View attachment 42635 View attachment 42636
Still happy with the muffler? Considering the same for mine.
Sharp truck.
Thanks

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 32

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
To you guys with the 2" drop springs in the rear, did you adjust the headlights down or leave them alone? Also, are you guys 4wd? I have a 2020 Bighorn Midnight Edition 4wd I am planning to do this mod to.

Firebird

Reaction score
To you guys with the 2" drop springs in the rear, did you adjust the headlights down or leave them alone? Also, are you guys 4wd? I have a 2020 Bighorn Midnight Edition 4wd I am planning to do this mod to.
No adjustments to my headlights

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
So, are these the same springs as for the 2018 Ram? I have found them on suspension superstore and the part number is the same? Wondering if they are indeed for the 19-20 models or are they just a crossover product from the 18? Still would like to hear from someone who has these installed on a 4wd.

Damion

Reaction score
So, are these the same springs as for the 2018 Ram? I have found them on suspension superstore and the part number is the same? Wondering if they are indeed for the 19-20 models or are they just a crossover product from the 18? Still would like to hear from someone who has these installed on a 4wd.
They are springs made by MaxTrac, I contacted them directly about these, and they confirmed that they are springs for the 12-18 trucks, and while they do fit, they didn't know what these springs would do to payload as the 5th gen springs are a larger diameter coil.

That being said, id like to hear feedback from someone who has these installed and loaded up their truck / pulled a decent size trailer. Just to know if there was any negative effects.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I would be curious to know this as well. But I don't have anything to pull or haul. The most weight that will ever be in my bed is about 300lbs. So maybe it's a non issue?

Users who are viewing this thread