5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Paid to Swap TPMS?

FATKID

Reaction score
Just bought a “new” set of takeoffs on FB Marketplace last weekend and was assured sensors were in there. Installed the new set in my garage, drove to Discount Tire to have them linked up and... shame on me I guess.

What did you pay to have your old set swapped in (I still have the stock 18s)? What’s the most economical way to accomplish this?

My local Discount Tire quoted me $175 today - felt high.

Side Note: The new look is a perfect stock upgrade to me and the Falkens are super smooth on the highway - just drove 1000 mi round trip for work and was very impressed. Also needed better winter traction in the MN snow.

3913863A-01B4-4EDF-A445-90AE5AABFD44.jpeg
Vs

F436D5F5-1FB3-4F48-9148-7B292E5D71D3.jpeg

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Just bought a “new” set of takeoffs on FB Marketplace last weekend and was assured sensors were in there. Installed the new set in my garage, drove to Discount Tire to have them linked up and... shame on me I guess.

What did you pay to have your old set swapped in (I still have the stock 18s)? What’s the most economical way to accomplish this?

My local Discount Tire quoted me $175 today - felt high.

Side Note: The new look is a perfect stock upgrade to me and the Falkens are super smooth on the highway - just drove 1000 mi round trip for work and was very impressed. Also needed better winter traction in the MN snow.

View attachment 69825
Vs

View attachment 69826
That's ridiculously high.. A big local tire shop here does it for $25 a peice (Iowa)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FATKID

Reaction score
That's ridiculously high.. A big local tire shop here does it for $25 a peice (Iowa)

Another Discount Tire an hour south quoted $75 total. A big delta between the two numbers. Thanks for confirming.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Another Discount Tire an hour south quoted $75 total. A big delta between the two numbers. Thanks for confirming.
Yeah that's crazy lol.. Why such a big difference in price?

Users who are viewing this thread