5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Paid - Big Horn

Satchamo

Reaction score
I'm researching vehicle prices - IE new vs used and trying to get an idea of how much of a leap it is for me to go new vs used. I know there are threads for this but they turn into giant discussions and there are no actual pricing in them without digging through pages of posts. Anyways - I'm looking for this:

1500 Crew big horn 5.7" bed
5.7 etorque
4x4
sport package
equip level 2
LEDs
33 gal tank.

Has anyone bought something similar to this - if so - how much did you pay? I got my first dealer back and he was in the 49k range before incentives. Trying to figure out how off base this is.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the MSRP and Invoice of that new vehicle?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
My sticker is just shy of $49k but I got it for $43k. Not the best savings given how much others have saved... but it was the best I could do at the time. I guess you can knock a further $2k off as they paid off my previous lease as part of the deal. So $41k all in. Sounds better, doesn’t it?

Mine was the Level 1 package with 8.4 non-NAV and without premium lights (added later).

nburd

Reaction score
My 2020 was a $54k sticker, I paid $44k with rebates and discount, (July 2020).

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sticker was $57.5k and I paid $45.5k in August 2020. 2020 Big Horn, Built to Serve. Truck is in my signature.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now, the way that used prices are, you are most likely better off buying new. If you're on a tight budget though, a used truck can save you a few grand.
If you have to order, then expect delays due to parts and covid.

20% off of MSRP (before TTL etc.) is generally considered to be a great deal and may only be available from the high volume dealers or during periods of great incentives. I think 12-18% is where most people end up.

You can also look at a Laramie with level one, unless you're really tied to the Big Horn. Incentives aren't typically as good but great deals can still be found.
The 33 gallon tank will probably be hard to find no matter what trim you're trying to get, though it can potentially be added easily after the fact.

Satchamo

Reaction score
Right now, the way that used prices are, you are most likely better off buying new. If you're on a tight budget though, a used truck can save you a few grand.
If you have to order, then expect delays due to parts and covid.

20% off of MSRP (before TTL etc.) is generally considered to be a great deal and may only be available from the high volume dealers or during periods of great incentives. I think 12-18% is where most people end up.

You can also look at a Laramie with level one, unless you're really tied to the Big Horn. Incentives aren't typically as good but great deals can still be found.
The 33 gallon tank will probably be hard to find no matter what trim you're trying to get, though it can potentially be added easily after the fact.

So are the incentives right now (up to 5250 back) as good as they get or will they get more aggressive towards the end of the year?

As of now that 45k number seems to be about where most are landing. Really didnt want to be that deep but with all the little issues I’m reading about with these trucks, I’m not sure I feel comfortable going used...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 was basically that exact spec and was MSRP'd at 52k. Got it for 41k

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So are the incentives right now (up to 5250 back) as good as they get or will they get more aggressive towards the end of the year?

As of now that 45k number seems to be about where most are landing. Really didnt want to be that deep but with all the little issues I’m reading about with these trucks, I’m not sure I feel comfortable going used...
When I bought my Laramie in August of 2019 I got 4200 in incentives, including 1000 for chrysler cap finance. I also had another 511 affiliate discount. It was 55.6k MSRP, 44.7k final price and 49.2k OTD with TTL and a couple extras.
Like others have said, big horns pretty much always have better incentives. They change from year to year so it's hard to say what they will be later on in the year, but if they really need to boost sales then they will let them fly. I haven't kept track of them so I won't comment any more.

With everyone wanting trucks and with production issues due to COVID, it's hard to predict anything. It's realistic to believe that prices on new and used will remain high until production can really get into full swing again and there is a surplus of trucks on dealer lots, which could be a while.

Satchamo

Reaction score
What is the MSRP and Invoice of that new vehicle?
Sorry for my lag - $56635 is MSRP. I havent taken the time to figure invoice - i assume you use edmunds?

Aaron at Mark Dodge came with 49912 before TTL and incentives. With current incentives, it would get me down into the 45k range before tax which isn't bad - but i really really want to stay under that 45k mark OTD. I'm assuming if I just bide my time, build my honey pot, i could probably achieve this price by late summer into fall assuming they go deeper on discounts?

I'm also a bit concerned that they may NOT go deeper given the chip shortages... but I'd like to think they are clawing out of that shortage in the next 6 months? I'm not yet in a "NEED TO BUY" stage. My sierra keeps limping along. But I'd be lying if I wont be in a "WANT TO BUY" stage by like June or so.

Satchamo

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reference for how deep they went on discounts and incentives in 2020 as a frame of reference? I know they are always different, but the current 5250 (if you qualify) and/or 0% seems pretty damn good. Or is that avg for ram?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a reference for how deep they went on discounts and incentives in 2020 as a frame of reference? I know they are always different, but the current 5250 (if you qualify) and/or 0% seems pretty damn good. Or is that avg for ram?
I am assuming this is for a bighorn. I was lucky to get 3k in rebates and 0%/60mo on my Laramie. That is a pretty standard deal for bighorns it seems but would be great for Laramie or limiteds.

Satchamo

Reaction score
I am assuming this is for a bighorn. I was lucky to get 3k in rebates and 0%/60mo on my Laramie. That is a pretty standard deal for bighorns it seems but would be great for Laramie or limiteds.

Yes bighorn

Jdthompson79

Reaction score
Just ordered a Bighorn yesterday. Same options plus night pkg, ORG, running boards, trailer brake controller, and non etorque. MSRP 54350 paid 43108 plus taxes and tags

nburd

Reaction score
That is very similar to the incentives in mid 2020. I priced my truck up with incentives in July 2020 when bought (for about 5k less than the standard incentive cost from the website, and a few times in late 2020. The prices were all the same. In 2021 I priced it a few times as a 2021 other than the few hundred in MSRP increase, the costs were just about exact. So not much changed in incentive.
I just priced it again and it’s about $1000 higher with current incentives.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sticker $52,900
OTD $40,500

2019 Bighorn bought in October 2019

Same equipment/options as the OP except the 33gal tank (I have 26gal) and no eTorque (I have the regular Hemi)

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is pretty similar to that spec and I got 27% off MSRP in Dec of 2019, however they didn’t offer me much for my trade in.

Users who are viewing this thread