5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Increase on Ordered Vehicle

Michael297

Reaction score
My truck is ready at the dealer dealer after being ordered with a deposit in June. It has been so long I can't recall what the conversation was regarding the price other than the rebates that would apply would be those at the time of delivery. I just got a short note but it appears that my MSRP has gone up. Before I talk to the dealer, I'm curious does the manufacturer guarantee the price to the dealer on a ordered vehicle, or is either the dealer or buyer responsible for the price increase?
Thanks for any input.

metzger41

Reaction score
I ordered and was giving a set price.I ordered mine mid nov and got New Year’s Eve. Msrp did go up from ones on lot they said they go up thru out the year. But should be what it was when you ordered. Just rebates at time if delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creep0321

Reaction score
From when I ordered..... and then increase a week later, (still in D status) after talking to dealer it’s FCA MSRP increase, which is passed on to me unfortunately. Still honoring the 7% below invoice + rebates at delivery.

Attachments

• A038E50F-0678-4434-B981-07FDCA6241CB.png
    A038E50F-0678-4434-B981-07FDCA6241CB.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • DD8579FA-F7A4-4822-A7AC-188211786C36.jpeg
    DD8579FA-F7A4-4822-A7AC-188211786C36.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 48

Vespid

Reaction score
From when I ordered..... and then increase a week later, (still in D status) after talking to dealer it’s FCA MSRP increase, which is passed on to me unfortunately. Still honoring the 7% below invoice + rebates at delivery.

That seems like a pretty square deal. The 5 extra gallons of gas on the preview deal seems a tad high though. Lol

silverbullet

Reaction score
They've been steadily increasing the prices on any item they can. They still have not found the top of this cash cow so they're gonna keep testing the waters. That fact that the sticker on every Big Horn in my area is over $50k tells me they're ****ing crazy...They'd charge extra for a kick in the balls if they could get HR to sign-off on it...

JLUR_

Reaction score
The dealer isn't invoiced until the truck actually enters KZ status so they would be responsible for any price increase between order entry and ready-to-ship. I'm a firm believer that they should honor the negotiated price, especially if they took a deposit to order the truck. If I went back to customers asking for more money because my cost increased slightly I would be out of business quickly.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealer isn't invoiced until the truck actually enters KZ status so they would be responsible for any price increase between order entry and ready-to-ship. I'm a firm believer that they should honor the negotiated price, especially if they took a deposit to order the truck. If I went back to customers asking for more money because my cost increased slightly I would be out of business quickly.
Agreed. And my dealer honored our POC, despite increases between May and September 2018.

wthomps79

Reaction score

Same here. When I ordered my truck the dealer I went through locked in the price and rebates at that time regardless of when the truck shows up. If the MSRP went up they would eat the difference. They also agreed to give me the incentives that were available at the time of order. If the incentives changed from then until when the truck arrived I'd get the higher of the two. Several dealers do this. I tried to go to another dealer that is run by the son of a good family friend. He runs his dealership just like yours is. He refuses to lock in any MSRP and rebate package until the truck is invoiced/arrives. Needless to say I didn't buy from him.

ponypride

Reaction score
When I was in the process of ordering my truck, the MSRP on options increased over $2K. The eTorque went up from $1,995 to $2,645 alone. The dealer honored the lower price and that is what was indicated on my order form. Also got incentives available upon delivery, which doubled from the time I put the order into the portal.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
When I was in the process of ordering my truck, the MSRP on options increased over $2K. The eTorque went up from $1,995 to $2,645 alone. The dealer honored the lower price and that is what was indicated on my order form. Also got incentives available upon delivery, which doubled from the time I put the order into the portal.

This is how it's supposed to work. RAM honors the price at the time of order, and any good dealership will give you the rebates from the time of order or delivery, whichever is better.

Michael297

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. There a quite of few other posts stating that the dealer has price protection for Chyrsler. If that is true and the dealer is just trying to take advantage of the price increase to make another $1600.00 on the deal, I'm not sure I want to do business with the anyway.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll echo others. Mine honored negotiated price on POC, and I got rebates/incentive at either time of order or delivery, whichever was more. My window sticker definitely increased when built, but that didn't affect me.

Users who are viewing this thread