5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Breakdown - Good Deal or No?

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I didn't get a response on this in the Price Negotiated from MSRP thread so I figured I'd post my own to get some opinions.
I had been looking for months and couldn't find the exact truck I was wanting so I then looked at building and when i saw the turnaround times on builds right now, I had my mind made up that i would just wait for the 2021's to start production and order a 2021. Now i'm seeing dealers getting more deliveries in with the production getting ramped up again and have found a couple that are close to my build sheet. My ideal build would be 2020 Laramie 4x4/Granite Crystal Metallic/Sport Appearance/Off-Road Group with Level 1 equipment group, 3.92 gears, 33 gal fuel tank, and 12 inch U-Connect. Here are two I've found that are closest to it:

Option 1: 2020 Laramie CC 4x4/Granite Crystal Metallic/Sport Appearance/Off-Road Group/Bed Utility Group with Level 2 equipment group, 3.92 gears, 33 gal fuel tank, E-Torque and 12 inch U-Connect

MSRP: $61,645
Dealer Discount: -$6,146
Rebate: -$3,000
Simoniz: +$995 (i asked if this could be removed and he said it has already been done. said he could drop the warranty and make it $300, but from what i hear the warranty is what makes it worth it)

Adjusted Price: $53,494 + TTL

Option 2: 2020 Laramie CC 4x4/Granite Crystal Metallic/Sport Appearance/Off-Road Group with Level 1 equipment group, 3.92 gears, 33 gal fuel tank, sunroof, E-Torque and 12 inch U-Connect

MSRP: $59,895
Dealer Discount: -$4,890
Rebate: -$3,000 (this will change. Truck won't be delivered until next week after the 1st so July incentives will apply)

Adjusted Price: $52,005 + TTL

Ideally, I'd rather not have the E-Torque. But I don't necessarily see it as a deal breaker. I'm also going to wait for July before I'd make a move on either of these so hopefully the incentives are better. Option 2 is still in transit and not scheduled to be delivered until next week anyway. Obviously the better discount is on Option 1, but it is further away as well. It'd be about a 12 hour drive for me where Option 2 is about 6 hours. I'm still contemplating waiting for 2021's, but I'm sure there won't be much of dealer discount on those anytime soon once they do finally hit the lots. So now my thinking is to just go on and jump on a 2020 since more are being delivered now. Option 1 won't seem to budge anymore on their discount. I've tried about all I can and that seems to be it. Haven't pushed too hard on Option 2 yet since I knew it wouldn't be in until after July and those incentives take place. What are yalls thoughts on these dealer discounts? I see others getting more off, but with inventory the way it is currently, do yall see these as decent deals given the circumstances? This is my first time buying new, so any feedback or tips are appreciated!

U

User_3336

I got lost here . . . What warranty?

Simoniz: +$995 (i asked if this could be removed and he said it has already been done. said he could drop the warranty and make it $300, but from what i hear the warranty is what makes it worth it)

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I got lost here . . . What warranty?

It's a glasscoat that comes with a warranty on your exterior and interior. He said they've already done the treatment on it. https://www.simonizglasscoat.com/

Paultg

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy from the dealer with Opt#1 because they are adding dealer items to vehicles prior to purchase and forcing it on buyers.

U

User_3336

On several other forums about this product, The product itself only costs $60 plus whatever they pay to the person applying it, and should not cost anymore than $600 because of the 7-year warranty included with it.

So, if the dealer offered $300 without the warranty, he is still probably netting a profit.

At the full $995, he netted a nice profit. I never ever go for any of these gimmicks

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I just spoke with the salesman on Option 1 and he said he would waive that $995 to make it work for me. I also mentioned I may wait until July to make a decision because I'm thinking the incentives will be better. He said they deal won't be as good on this truck because they are going to lower their dealer discounts next month due to their inventory being so low. He said they just got in their last 2020 deliveries which wasn't much and their inventory is so low that their discounts are going to be lowered. Can't tell if he's full of crap or serious about that.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I just spoke with the salesman on Option 1 and he said he would waive that $995 to make it work for me. I also mentioned I may wait until July to make a decision because I'm thinking the incentives will be better. He said they deal won't be as good on this truck because they are going to lower their dealer discounts next month due to their inventory being so low. He said they just got in their last 2020 deliveries which wasn't much and their inventory is so low that their discounts are going to be lowered. Can't tell if he's full of crap or serious about that.
Always shoot for 23% off msrp so if we talking 61500 should get it down to 47500 plus TTL.. I got my truck 55k down to around 40 so 45 otd

Users who are viewing this thread