5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Previous owner unknown mods

Sisco683

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Laramie. I figured out it had a after market CAI RAM intake when I tried to check the air filter, Nice surprise when I found out how much those things cost.
I know it doesn't have a pulsar piggyback or any exhaust mods. What sold when I bought it was the power of the truck.( I did not test drive any other Rams) The gas pedal is almost too touchy or sensitive. I learned here that stock Rams were sluggish at the pedal and people were installing pedal commanders, and tuners.
Is there a way to determine if the truck already has a aftermarket tune or something? I did check under the dash and didn't see any inline gizmo on the gas pedal. Thanks

Wirerat

Reaction score
Using your phone, check for any other Bluetooth connections besides uconnect.

Most pedel commander devices have app control.

More likely to have above. A unlocked ecm + tune is expensive for just a Cai mod.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Using your phone, check for any other Bluetooth connections besides uconnect.

Most pedel commander devices have app control.

More likely to have above. A unlocked ecm + tune is expensive for just a Cai mod.
People complain about throttle response, bot I don't feel any real lag. Other than going around corners, when there is a programmed lag, to keep you from spinning out. My last 4 trucks did that, and one was a 6. Taking off in a straight line, no lag.

KPeak

Reaction score
Yeah something would be wired up under the drivers footwell. If the PCM was unlocked it will have tamper tape sealing it back.

Users who are viewing this thread