5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressure washing a 5.7

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I used to pressure wash my 360 magnum in my 94 Ram, other than the normal prep, I never had any issue, anybody here wash their 5.7 Hemi ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to pressure wash my 360 magnum in my 94 Ram, other than the normal prep, I never had any issue, anybody here wash their 5.7 Hemi ?
All the time. Absolutely no issues, and there shouldn't be. The engine and all wiring and electronics under the hood are designed to be weather resistant to stand up to getting wet. Otherwise, they would never run right if you drove them in the rain.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No way would I ever do that, garden hose, yes, pressure-washer no. 3500 psi v.s the connector o-ring seals...

Reactions: DEG

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No way would I ever do that, garden hose, yes, pressure-washer no. 3500 psi v.s the connector o-ring seals...
Pressure washers are adjustable. No need to run it at full blast. Sounds like OP knows what he is doing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My pressure washer is only rated at 1800psi. Haven't had a need for more than that. And never an issue spraying my engine bay. But I'm also not holding the tip of wand right up on connectors where the max PSI is..

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My pressure washer is only rated at 1800psi. Haven't had a need for more than that. And never an issue spraying my engine bay. But I'm also not holding the tip of wand right up on connectors where the max PSI is..
So "in good moderation" is the answer, I like it...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OK then. Why ask if they know what they doing...
What I meant was, the OP obviously knows not to crank the power way up to clean his engine and truck. He isn't cleaning stained concrete. He just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't hurt anything using a normal wash pressure on a pressure washer on his engine since he has cleaned engines before therefore he has experience.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What I meant was, the OP obviously knows not to crank the power way up to clean his engine and truck. He isn't cleaning stained concrete. He just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't hurt anything using a normal wash pressure on a pressure washer on his engine since he has cleaned engines before therefore he has experience.
It`s all good, pretty sure he was just asking for opinions, of which we have plenty off...

Users who are viewing this thread