5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preowned 19’ Laramie Loaded question

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m thinking of getting back into a Ram as I sold my 17’ Silverado last spring. I found a 19’ model Laramie crew cab black with 3.92, large screen and sunroof with 19k miles for $51k. Does that seem decent in the current crazy market? I’m considering a new Silverado again but at that same price they won’t come with sunroof or leather. Trying to stay under like $54k and most the loaded Laramies I’m seeing are around $60-65k although none have 3.92 gears that I can find.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I personally wouldn’t mess with the 2019s. They have a few first production year quirks. Especially for that price/mileage that’s almost out of the b2b warranty.

I also wouldn’t go back to owning one of the latest generation silverados. I still run one of the bigger gm truck forums, people are still having issues with the new design, more issues than the current gen rams.

If you ditch the sunroof or 12in screen, or look for the sport trim trucks you can get them right under 60k. It’s what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I personally wouldn’t mess with the 2019s. They have a few first production year quirks. Especially for that price/mileage that’s almost out of the b2b warranty.

I also wouldn’t go back to owning one of the latest generation silverados. I still run one of the bigger gm truck forums, people are still having issues with the new design, more issues than the current gen rams.

If you ditch the sunroof or 12in screen, or look for the sport trim trucks you can get them right under 60k. It’s what I did.

Ah yeah hey man I recognize your name from gmfullsize! I sold my truck back in April, of course now I'm missing being in a truck haha. Still have my old 01 1500HD with over 300k miles and running good! This one I found is pretty nice looking but totally forgot 19 was the first remodel year of ram. I initially wasn't too crazy about the new silverados but as I've seen them more and more have started to like them.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was keeping an eye on the gen5 rams since they came out and some of their quirks. Finally decided to ditch the gm with the right deal and move to ram once I saw a good bit of them were worked out.

It’s a much nicer overall truck imo. I test drove the newer 6.2 and baby dmax silverados, just didn’t do it for me, as far as power and feel goes.

And the interiors were still too much like my 15/17.

If still wanting a Silverado I’d wait till next year with the new re design interior.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m thinking of getting back into a Ram as I sold my 17’ Silverado last spring. I found a 19’ model Laramie crew cab black with 3.92, large screen and sunroof with 19k miles for $51k. Does that seem decent in the current crazy market? I’m considering a new Silverado again but at that same price they won’t come with sunroof or leather. Trying to stay under like $54k and most the loaded Laramies I’m seeing are around $60-65k although none have 3.92 gears that I can find.
Judging by what I got when I traded in a 2020 Laramie, $51k doesn't sound too outrageous for current times. A year ago I'd have said that was highway robbery. If $51k is the asking price, you should be able to get them to come down a bit unless there are other buyers involved.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Judging by what I got when I traded in a 2020 Laramie, $51k doesn't sound too outrageous for current times. A year ago I'd have said that was highway robbery. If $51k is the asking price, you should be able to get them to come down a bit unless there are other buyers involved.

I might still go look at it, only seen it online and the sales person sent me a detailed video of it but it looks really nice. I also considered just getting a 18 model silverado with low miles for the time being as I don't put a whole lot of miles on my trucks. Found a few out there LTs that look nice, nothing fancy like my LTZ was but still would be nice.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might still go look at it, only seen it online and the sales person sent me a detailed video of it but it looks really nice. I also considered just getting a 18 model silverado with low miles for the time being as I don't put a whole lot of miles on my trucks. Found a few out there LTs that look nice, nothing fancy like my LTZ was but still would be nice.

I know it would suck to have to wait even longer to get back into a truck, but there's no way I could justify spending that much on a used truck almost out of the 3/36 warranty, if it isn't already. If you order from a good dealer like Mark Dodge and wait, you could get a 60k msrp truck down under 54 easily and have a brand new truck. Down side is who knows how long it will take to build it and what restrictions they have on options in certain trim levels due to parts shortages.

I always bought slightly used 2-3 years old as well but last March I ordered the 21 I have now for the same reason. I spent more than I'm usually comfortable spending but it wasn't much more than I would have paid for a used nearly out of warranty truck. The used prices just aren't worth it, but if you can't wait a good amount of time longer then you have to do what you have to do.

Either way you've come to the right place to get information, so welcome to the site and good luck!

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I know it would suck to have to wait even longer to get back into a truck, but there's no way I could justify spending that much on a used truck almost out of the 3/36 warranty, if it isn't already. If you order from a good dealer like Mark Dodge and wait, you could get a 60k msrp truck down under 54 easily and have a brand new truck. Down side is who knows how long it will take to build it and what restrictions they have on options in certain trim levels due to parts shortages.

I always bought slightly used 2-3 years old as well but last March I ordered the 21 I have now for the same reason. I spent more than I'm usually comfortable spending but it wasn't much more than I would have paid for a used nearly out of warranty truck. The used prices just aren't worth it, but if you can't wait a good amount of time longer then you have to do what you have to do.

Either way you've come to the right place to get information, so welcome to the site and good luck!
Thanks for the info, yeah I thought it seemed a bit high for an almost 3 year old truck. It is leveled with rims and tires too but that shouldn’t add that much to the pricing. The more I think about it maybe I will just take my time as I’m not really in a rush but went from truck to coupe and just missing being in a truck. I wonder if they will start doing more rebates on these 2021s I see at the dealers as it gets closer to end of the year.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d stay away from the 19’s for sure, in fact many of the 21 rams still have the same issues as the 19’s did. I had a 19 bought back under lemon law and had a 21 Laramie sport $65,000 Msrp built! With 7000 miles I’ve had no issues really with the 21. I love these new rams, but I don’t trust the reliability at all! Good luck whatever u decide. FYI I’ve been told by the dealer I could get at least $65,000 for my 21 right now👍🏻 My 19 msrp was 62,400 I bought it for 49,000 2 years ago!

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I’d stay away from the 19’s for sure, in fact many of the 21 rams still have the same issues as the 19’s did. I had a 19 bought back under lemon law and had a 21 Laramie sport $65,000 Msrp built! With 7000 miles I’ve had no issues really with the 21. I love these new rams, but I don’t trust the reliability at all! Good luck whatever u decide. FYI I’ve been told by the dealer I could get at least $65,000 for my 21 right now👍🏻 My 19 msrp was 62,400 I bought it for 49,000 2 years ago!
Wow thats wild! These prices are insane! Thinking I will just stay put with my car at the moment see how things go into the new year. It is hard though when ya find a truck ya like. I do appreciate all the insight here as we all love trucks and enjoy sharing info and tips with each other!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow thats wild! These prices are insane! Thinking I will just stay put with my car at the moment see how things go into the new year. It is hard though when ya find a truck ya like. I do appreciate all the insight here as we all love trucks and enjoy sharing info and tips with each other!
I’d sell mine for the right price lol!

ProKubinator

Reaction score
not sure what the issue with any 2019 is (based on above comments). Mines been generally problem free. one issue with air suspension they fixed with a little hassle (dealer issue). I would not hesitate to buy a 2019 again

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walk away! If you ordered a 2022 and waited you’d probably pay $60k for exactly what you want. When the market settles back down you’d be way upside down if you pay that much for a truck that is basically 4 model years old.

Users who are viewing this thread