5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Owned 2019 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x4

fried_fluffy

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have tentative plans to test drive a pre-owned 2019 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x4 with 64,000 miles. Priced at $31,000 (before fees)(hoping to get this a little lower). It is currently going through the Pre-Delivery-Inspection, which could result in a CPO designation. I have read through most of the high-mileage threads on the forum stating that hemi's should last 200-250k miles with proper maintenance. The previous owner had oil changes/maintenance checks every 5,000 miles on the dot. Due to the high mileage, I am assuming he was mostly a highway driver. Does anyone have any input on the purchase? Should I only pull the trigger if it comes back as CPO? 7-year/100,000?

Any information is much appreciated. Hoping to join the Ram family here shortly.

Thanks

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The engine and drivetrain should be fine. Keep an eye out for body and interior problems, like a crack around the rear window frame and look for water stains in the headliner from a leaking third brake light. Take it for a good long test drive, press all the buttons to see if everything works and engage 4wd if equipped. Good luck and don't take any wooden nickels

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can’t comment on the deal price as I’m not in your area. Seems the market really varies.

The basic truck is a good one, there‘s nothing wrong with the vehicle itself. After all, every 2019 that was sold is a used truck now. CPO would be a plus even though you’ll pay for it.

Any trucks are bringing really good prices, and have been for a couple years now.

Users who are viewing this thread