5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-cut Window Tint Kits (eye drop)

Birdman_2000

Reaction score

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Tint for the top of the front windshield. I have paid to have my windows tinted on each car and always added the front. Helps keep the sun out of your eyes. I feel like it also adds to the look.

Attachments

• eye brow tint.jpg
    eye brow tint.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 42

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ohh eye brow - I was thinking that --V-- divot at the mirror for a sec.

I've used a precut kit in the past; the only way I'd recommend that is if you've tried tint type work before and are fairly handy. Tinting requires a very clean area (at least indoor garage, low static) to diy well. That + the right tools etc. it's fun when you do it right.

Certainly possible, but a good litmus test is, how much do you like applying cellphone screen protectors? it's like that x1000

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
I have tinted flat windows like the back windows of trucks and garage door windows. I think i will get a quote and compare the cost of letting a pro do it. If this was an old beater i would do it for sure.

dsn112

Reaction score
If you are gonna do it, make sure you use a good slip solution. Makes tinting way easier. I use fusion.

I noticed that they say they are a 3m shop, but don't comment what they send you as they probably can't. Film quality is important.

That being said, how much is a shop going to charge? Is it worth your time? Will you get it right, or will this money go in the trash and then you will pay the shop anyway?

I'd lean towards a shop doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread