5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PPF Question

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I know a lot of you are very knowledgeable about this stuff, so I wanted to know, if I do a partial or full front with PPF, do I have to worry about the paint that isn't covered with PPF eventually being a different color than the portion that is covered by the PPF?
Thanks In Advance!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are very knowledgeable about this stuff, so I wanted to know, if I do a partial or full front with PPF, do I have to worry about the paint that isn't covered with PPF eventually being a different color than the portion that is covered by the PPF?
Thanks In Advance!
As long as you properly take care of your vehicles paint, no

Derek916

Reaction score
Thanks In Advance!
Get a quote? I’m looking at 2800 for Xpel on my full front hood , mirror and rear bumper. Wasn’t going to do it because apparently it’s high but I got a nasty rock chip on my mirror and now I’m convinced I need it. Here’s my repair job LOL 37B6F61F-2903-4595-BBE3-7FDB20324B22.jpeg

Attachments

• ADF5F84C-364D-4F92-8F7C-F7C8C6682656.jpeg
    ADF5F84C-364D-4F92-8F7C-F7C8C6682656.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 28

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I wasn't going to do the mirrors, lol don't think mine are painted on the rebel....but with Ceramic Pro I was quoted 2100 using llumar for front bumper, full hood, and fenders.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks In Advance!
No it won't. I'd go full hood. You will always be able to see the line where the PPF ends.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
I wasn't going to do the mirrors, lol don't think mine are painted on the rebel....but with Ceramic Pro I was quoted 2100 using llumar for front bumper, full hood, and fenders.
Yeah I got a quote similar to that for LLUMAR.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a quote? I’m looking at 2800 for Xpel on my full front hood , mirror and rear bumper. Wasn’t going to do it because apparently it’s high but I got a nasty rock chip on my mirror and now I’m convinced I need it. Here’s my repair job LOL View attachment 132167
if you used on one those touch up pen paint from the dealer like I did. those suck.
exactly how mine look afterwards. there are suppose to be a better kits that you can buy but still use the paint from the dealer's touch up pen

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Yeah I got a quote similar to that for LLUMAR.
think i got one for Xpel at 2600, then another Kavaca? at 3.1k... which my understanding is kavaca/llumar/suntek are basically the same thing?

Derek916

Reaction score
if you used on one those touch up pen paint from the dealer like I did. those suck.
exactly how mine look afterwards. there are suppose to be a better kits that you can buy but still use the paint from the dealer's touch up pen
Yea. I’m going to take it to an auto body shop just to see the cost. I don’t mind if it’s a few hundred to get it perfect, but My ppf installer recommended Dr. Color Chip. It comes with a leveling liquid that will make the touch up flush.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a quote? I’m looking at 2800 for Xpel on my full front hood , mirror and rear bumper. Wasn’t going to do it because apparently it’s high but I got a nasty rock chip on my mirror and now I’m convinced I need it. Here’s my repair job LOL View attachment 132167

Wow, that is really high. I recently paid $1750 for XPEL on full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, grill surround, mirrors and headlight cowls. I’ve never had it before, so time will tell if it’s really worth it. BTW, the mirror shroud is replaceable and I’ve heard they are fairly cheap.

Last edited:

Derek916

Reaction score
Wow, that is really high. I recently paid $1750 for XPEL on full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, grill surround, mirrors and headlight cowls. I’ve never had it before, so time will tell if it’s really worth it. BTW, the mirror shroud is replaceable and I’ve heard they are fairly cheap.
Yeah...I am just scared to diy it. Quite a few youtubers broke their mirror lol.

Actually I just watched another video and I'm going to attempt it...found a mirror shroud replacement on eBay for $37

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
think i got one for Xpel at 2600, then another Kavaca? at 3.1k... which my understanding is kavaca/llumar/suntek are basically the same thing?

I paid $1600ish for full front. Front fenders, full hood, above the windshield, A-pillars, front bumper, headlights and fogs, under headlights, door handle pockets, door edges and a strip across the top of the tailgate. Llumar Platinum10 year PPF

ShadowHawk

Reaction score
I paid $1600ish for full front. Front fenders, full hood, above the windshield, A-pillars, front bumper, headlights and fogs, under headlights, door handle pockets, door edges and a strip across the top of the tailgate. Llumar Platinum10 year PPF
that's a good deal. I paid $3100 for front fenders, full hood, above the windshield, a-pillars, bumpers, headlights, fogs, grill & surround, handle pockets, rocker panel & lower 1/3 of the body, door edges, fender flares, 2 coats of ceramic & paint correction. Was Stek w/ 10 year warranty.

Honestly with how large these trucks are and the amount of construction around the Raleigh-Durham area in NC, it was worth every penny

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Yea, I had 1 person who i thought I'd get a deal like that, and when i asked for full fender and full hood, the price doubled.

Users who are viewing this thread