5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PPF Cost

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got this estimate:
LLumar Valor self-healing ceramic infused paint
protection film. Front bumper, headlights and
bumper corners $ 825.00

Does this seem reasonable (NYS) and is it really worth it? I have read of all of the bad chips on the body colored bumper...I lease but do want this truck looking good so willing to spend some money.

robman3387

Reaction score
I just bought a 22 Laramie and I'll definitely be getting PPF. Coming out of a 17 ford with a painted bumper, I learned the hard way of not doing the front bumper (did a lot of hwy driving). The rust bubbles from chips are brutal. I haven't got a quote yet but I almost don't care what it costs for the bumper. Depending on what the cost is, I'll be looking at hood, door sills, and door pull areas as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That price looks about right. Never heard of the brand though.
Make sure they are covering the entire front end, not just the "bumper".

Gunner115

Reaction score
Paid about the same for mine. Had the bumper, headlights, and grille done. Definitely worth the upfront cost to prevent the possible damage.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going in on the 24th for the PPF and
Decontamination wash machine cut and polish paint
enhancement process with polymer sealant and
silica topcoat.

Just finished trying to get the bugs off the front Holy sheesh they are like cement. Would any of this make that experience any easier? Swear my rebel did not attract this amount.

robman3387

Reaction score
I'm booked in locally as well. Quoted $500 CAD for 11mm ppf on just the front bumper. Already have a chip or two in the paint....so annoying but convinced me to go 11mm vs the 8mm. Just under $400 USD for my American neighours

lapoolboy

Reaction score
I paid $1200 for Xpel Ultimate. Front bumper, grille, front 1/4 of hood and fenders, little things under headlights, headlights, foglights, and side mirrors. I too got the thicker film on the bumper since it is steel.

robman3387

Reaction score
@lapoolboy I wanted to get the entire front end done, particularly the hood & fender...too much $ for me though. Maybe later. I know on my previous '17 F-150 with a lot of hwy miles (i.e. Niagara to Edmonton and back, with more than a couple trips to Ottawa), my front bumper was chewed up but my hood with a pretty good leading edge was pretty much spared. That said, hats off to you sir b/c if I had the cash that's exactly what I'd do.

Av1

Reaction score
I paid $2600, if I remember correctly, for XPEL Ultimate on the complete front all the way back to the doors, also the mirrors, door handle recesses, rear bumper, some other minor areas, and ceramic tint on the windows.

It's expensive, but worth it to me.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and as luck would have it I took a BIG rock to the windshield driving home from work Friday. Slight chip in the middle out of eye sight...hoping the PPF guy can fix that glass too. This truck is like a CHIP magnet :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread