5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PPF, Ceramic Coating, and Ceramic Tint

Cajun_

Reaction score
EDIT: Post install update below

Just dropped off the truck at a Ceramic Pro Elite installer to get the works.
Went with PPF on the front bumper and below the chrome trim along the side of the truck that the limited's get, the gold package ceramic coating, 70% ceramic window tint all around including sunroof and windshield, front side windows % as close as they can to match the rear sides post 70% application.

When I got there they said they are going to throw in a full paint correction and PPF on the hood, ceramic for interior and wheels for free.

Should be finished Friday, will post pictures then.

Anyone else have an installer throw so much in for free?

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full paint correction on entire vehicle or just hood? Entire vehicle is a heck of a freebie.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Full paint correction on entire vehicle or just hood? Entire vehicle is a heck of a freebie.
entire vehicle. Said they have a new guy and wanted to have him watch the whole process and their normal PPF guy hasn't done a truck in awhile and wanted practice.

waterhamhawk

Reaction score
Not sold on the PPF yet. Living in the Phoenix area I’m definitely sold on Ceramic tint. For $510 I got Solar Gard Vortex IR. I was getting a new windshield installed so I got 75% tint before the install and they said that was free. Back window and moonroof 50% tint. Side windows 35% tint. This included removal of the dealer tint on the front two windows.
Next is ceramic coating. My quote (over the phone) is $1350 for Sensha-8 year crystal glow including wheels and glass plus paint correction. They said my paint correction could cost more, (without seeing the truck)but since my neighbor is one of there better customers. They won’t charge me anymore My appointment is not till February. Bummer… but I’ll be patient. So yes, they try to make you feel better by throwing in a few freebies.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From a business perspective, there are a few possibilities.
1. They have enough profit built-in to what they sold you and want to ensure you won't shop around- if they lose you to another business, they get no profit.
2. They want good reviews- everyone likes free stuff and it automatically puts them at the top tier in people's minds when they think they're getting a great deal.
3. They want quality free marketing- marketing is very expensive. Making you incredibly happy in this social media age is much better than them competing in PPC on Google or spending $500/day on Facebook ads (for example). A simple social share can spread like wildfire.

Cajun_

Reaction score
After an entire week they give me my truck with a small rock under the ppf, and didn't do the front windshield which is fine but they didn't tell me they weren't doing it in any of the 7 or 8 phone calls (which I was impressed at their amount of communication until I found out what they were omitting and the tint was done the first day out of 6) we had during the process. Needless to say I'm making them fix the ppf and I'm looking for a place to do the front window in ceramic ir tent. The rest of the work they did was absolutely great. Truck looks like a mirror and the rain needs right off. It's just for $3300 I would expect everything to be absolutely perfect and what I got was 99% perfect with a major **** up as a cherry on top. I will post an update after their attempt to correct the ppf.

I just don't know how they could miss something so obvious. Makes me wonder if there is anything else that I haven't caught yet.

Attachments

• 20211026_071909.jpg
    20211026_071909.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20211026_071901.jpg
    20211026_071901.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 91

sarge33army

Reaction score
Not sold on the PPF yet. Living in the Phoenix area I’m definitely sold on Ceramic tint. For $510 I got Solar Gard Vortex IR. I was getting a new windshield installed so I got 75% tint before the install and they said that was free. Back window and moonroof 50% tint. Side windows 35% tint. This included removal of the dealer tint on the front two windows.
Next is ceramic coating. My quote (over the phone) is $1350 for Sensha-8 year crystal glow including wheels and glass plus paint correction. They said my paint correction could cost more, (without seeing the truck)but since my neighbor is one of there better customers. They won’t charge me anymore My appointment is not till February. Bummer… but I’ll be patient. So yes, they try to make you feel better by throwing in a few freebies.
If it's Sensha, my guess is that Bob Moses is doing it. If so, they do a great job! Had our 29' travel trailer done and then my 2020 RAM 2500 coated about two years ago. They really care about taking care of the customer. I also had to wait from NOV to FEB. You will see why when you arrive. They get work from as far away as Los Vegas due to their reputation and pricing.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Normally, paint correction is a necessary step as part of the ceramic coating process. For example, if you pay $1000 for a ceramic coat, $700 of it is probably for the paint correction and $300 is for the ceramic coat. So the paint correction cost is built into the ceramic coating quote they give you.

Paint correction is a norm because any imperfections left before the ceramic coat was laid are locked in after the coating goes on. Best to get the paint in pristine condition before putting the ceramic coat on.

Users who are viewing this thread