5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

powertrain control module (P.C.M.) is defunct

UKreject

Reaction score
3 hours ago I was enjoying washing my 2019 bighorn crew 4x4 5.7 hemi.only 9700 miles at the car wash on a nice 50 degree day and then at the push of the starter button my day turned to s**t. The engine started but immediately went to high rpm and stayed there. I cut the engine and tried again Same thing. Tried a third time and the engine cranked but would not start. I'm a slow learner so I tried one more time..cranked but would not start. So once I got over the bad stomach feeling and calling out POS. you POS, YOU EFFING POS. I called for help. Towed to the dealer. Turns out the power control module is bad. New one is being overnighted and I should have my truck back tomorrow. Of course, all covered by warranty. Is this atypical on Ram trucks or something I have to expect every year?
I did get a white very basic quad cab as a loaner. Better than a Dodge Journey I suppose. But it does emphasize to me how much I enjoy the toys my Bighorn has.
I was at the dealer for an hour waiting and noticed how not busy everyone was. No surprise given the turbulent times I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread