5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power window switch stuck up?

Rollint

Reaction score
20200912_121834.jpg

Has anyone had this happen? The only function that works is auto down. Can't roll down incrementally and can't roll up...however using the driver side master control all function is as usual. Anyone pull this switch out? If so, best method? Might give it a look and try to fix because I'm on a road trip and the passenger would like their window to work in a brand new truck lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 68387

Has anyone had this happen? The only function that works is auto down. Can't roll down incrementally and can't roll up...however using the driver side master control all function is as usual. Anyone pull this switch out? If so, best method? Might give it a look and try to fix because I'm on a road trip and the passenger would like their window to work in a brand new truck lol
I would try some of that spray electrical cleaner stuff and work it into the switch before attempting to remove it. Could just need a little oiling...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or take it into a service center if that doesn't work. Under warranty....I wouldn't bother taking it apart

Rollint

Reaction score
I would try some of that spray electrical cleaner stuff and work it into the switch before attempting to remove it. Could just need a little oiling...
I'm very doubtful this has a lubricated hinge.

Rollint

Reaction score
Could be that..wont know for sure unless you either take the panel apart or just bring it into the service center. I still recommend bringing it in though.
Yeah, thats why I was wondering if anyone knew the best method for getting the switch out

Users who are viewing this thread