5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon?

A4Owner

Reaction score
Does anyone here actually own a Power Wagon and are they freaken amazing? Is it really like driving THE truck that other trucks envy? Like when you drive by an F150 or Sierra do you sense they feel inadequate when the big Power Wagon is in the house?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't own a PW but I did work on a few and took them for test drive after installations of various aftermarket stuff. I also worked on a few F150 and a couple Sierras/ Silverados and took them for test drive to confirm everything work properly.

Yes, from a guy who wheels, PW is the king of them all. GM products just feel lacking in luxuriousness, and Ford products are... just riddled with designs that are not technician friendly. Raptors are nice, but i've seen my friend's raptor driver seat bolster on the bottom went flat after maybe 3-4 years of ownership.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here actually own a Power Wagon and are they freaken amazing? Is it really like driving THE truck that other trucks envy? Like when you drive by an F150 or Sierra do you sense they feel inadequate when the big Power Wagon is in the house?
Power Wagons are the second coolest trucks out there.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2nd coolest?
Of course. TRX being the coolest. If I was to switch away from the TRX, I would go for either the Power Wagon or a 2500 Rebel.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
When i think Power Wagon, this is what I think of. I drove it around a Boy Scout camp for three summers.
View attachment 148226
Very nice. What camp was that? I attended Camp Fife and seem to remember their PW was white.

When I was shopping for trucks, I was torn between a PW and a 1500 and had to nearly flip a coin It was so close. As much as I liked the idea of the PW, the cab was smaller, the payload was less, and it towed less than the DT. As a daily driver it was hard to justify since it only benefitted from a winch(can add to my 1500), SAS(doesn't drive as nicely) and a front locking diff.

I’ve test driven two since buying my DT and I just can‘t make the jump since I don't live on a wagon trail.

It‘s difficult to not stare at them when I see them on the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread