5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power surge on USB hub detected. Please disconnect device

dldehaan

Reaction score
I had this message occur when it was warm outside, and my phone was connected. I unplugged it and even after I soft booted the Uconnect system, restored phones, it will always come up. I can hit the map and it goes away, but I do not know how to clear this message. It makes no difference if nothing is plugged in or connected to the system.

Cheezy

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Can't seem to het rid of message no matter what I hit. Made sure all ports disconnected and power cycled the truck to see if message would go away but no luck. I was having some intermittent issues with my phone charging previously and suspected a cable issue. got a few new cables but the charging issues continued. At this point with the message on the screen I tried each port to see if the phone charges. I noticed one port doesn't charge the phone. I suspect something behind the console related to that port is the issue. Will be going to the dealer to see if they can fix at this point.

Attachments

• PowerSurgeOnUSBHun.jpg
    PowerSurgeOnUSBHun.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m having the same intermittent issue and thought maybe it was my phone cable. Seems to happen about 50% of the time when charging my phone. Only way to clear it is to disconnect the cable snd cycle the power or reboot my screen. Pretty annoying when only trying to charge my phone. Seemed to start about the same time the new app advertising showed up with the icon at the top of the screen. Maybe coincidence but can’t help thinking they created another software glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread