5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power steering.

5thgenluedizzle

Reaction score
Has anyone done the service for the Electronic power steering? Dealer sold me some power steering fluid for electric power steering pumps. 🤨 I’m about to hit 80k on my 19 Laramie 4x4 5.7. This hog tows my 13k toy hauler.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they grease your muffler bearings? They are often overlooked. Curious as to where you add power steering fluid on this gen, must be next to the transmission dipstick I can't find

5thgenluedizzle

Reaction score
There is such a thing, but its for the new jeeps, not our trucks https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-power-steering-fluid-68088485ab
That’s what I thought. Going back today to raise hell. I’m going to leave a Yelp review. That sucks there jacking ppl like that. Not cool. I’m use to helping clients. Not jack them. Hopefully someone knows about the electrical power steering. YouTube stops at 2018 4th gen. I think I’m going to put out a video. Thanks for the laughs guys. This forum is just like the raptor forum. Bunch of jokesters.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
That is electric power steering fluid. I guess the jeep uses it to lubricate something, i don’t know what kinda of unit it uses. But it’s not the same as the ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewster

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. Going back today to raise hell. I’m going to leave a Yelp review. That sucks there jacking ppl like that. Not cool. I’m use to helping clients. Not jack them. Hopefully someone knows about the electrical power steering. YouTube stops at 2018 4th gen. I think I’m going to put out a video. Thanks for the laughs guys. This forum is just like the raptor forum. Bunch of jokesters.
I wouldn't be too hard on them - they just pitch what they've been told and often don't understand the different nuances between models. A Chevy dealer once tried to convince my buddy that he was *way* overdue for an oil change and serpentine belt for his... electric... Bolt.

As far as forums go, it usually helps to do some research in advance. "Has anyone done this?" will get different answers than "I was sold part xxx-xx-xxx for my power steering, but it doesn't appear to be serviceable and the part doesn't show my truck as compatible - am I right to return it, or is there a procedure?"

...and then there's the issue of this being a truck forum. I'm generally not on here unless I need to be. The forum for my track car did an in-depth analysis on OE vs aftermarket valve shims, meanwhile this forum tends to be more about how to remove fuel economy features which then devolves into presidential manipulation of gas prices. There's some useful info, you just have to lower your expectations a bit.

5thgenluedizzle

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too hard on them - they just pitch what they've been told and often don't understand the different nuances between models. A Chevy dealer once tried to convince my buddy that he was *way* overdue for an oil change and serpentine belt for his... electric... Bolt.

As far as forums go, it usually helps to do some research in advance. "Has anyone done this?" will get different answers than "I was sold part xxx-xx-xxx for my power steering, but it doesn't appear to be serviceable and the part doesn't show my truck as compatible - am I right to return it, or is there a procedure?"

...and then there's the issue of this being a truck forum. I'm generally not on here unless I need to be. The forum for my track car did an in-depth analysis on OE vs aftermarket valve shims, meanwhile this forum tends to be more about how to remove fuel economy features which then devolves into presidential manipulation of gas prices. There's some useful info, you just have to lower your expectations a bit.
Great reply. Thank you.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your truck tows a 13k toy hauler? You were fine with who sold you that set up?

Scram1500

Reaction score

The Ram 1500 engine line up has self adjusting hydraulic liftes, no need to shim the valves

Drewster

Reaction score
The Ram 1500 engine line up has self adjusting hydraulic liftes, no need to shim the valves
1649640340512.png
I'm not tracking the truck...

I do love that I'm explaining how truck forums require lowered expectations and the reply is someone who didn't bother to read carefully, though 😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread