5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power steering fuse

AresSK

Reaction score
Hello. I’m struggling to find the power steering fuse in my 2019 1500 Limited. Reviewed the manual and I’m not seeing it. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I have not gone out to my truck to verify this is accurate, so take this with a grain of salt. Why are you looking for this fuse, power steering issues?

If you are looking at your power distribution center (fuse box under the hood), you'll see a row of silver/metal nuts/studs on one side. Those are not just power cables coming into/out of the box, they are also fuses. Towards one side, you'll see a 50A fuse right inside the box. On that corner, one bolt/nut in from the end should be the one for the electric power steering (EPS). It is N07 in the picture below. (Not my picture, I do not claim credit for it.) The documentation I have lists it as an 80A fuse.
1622569003345.png

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
The power steering fuse can "blow" when you are jumping or being jumped. I've come across it numerous times over the last 10 years and almost all of them were due to battery to battery connections. One was due to cheap thin jumper cables.

AresSK

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was asking because of power steering issues - I was hoping it was as simple as a blown fuse.

Unfortunately, that’s not the case. I took the truck in to the dealer and they’re saying the power steering rack is dead and needs to be replaced.

I wish it was just a fuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread