5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power side steps question

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
If you live in an are that gets winter, snow, ice, salt or sanded or sanded roads how do the powered side steps do with collecting crap? Do they ever hold enough that they won't close fully or ever freeze open or closed?

I run my cars through a fancy car wash several times a week in winter. Any idea if I'd be able to deploy the steps while in the car wash to let it clean them up or would they snag on something?

Thanks

clazer

Reaction score
If you get the mopar ones there is a Uconnect button to deploy. If you get the AMP, there is an optional switch to deploy. I’ve been running around off-road through dirt and mud all weekend and the AMP steps are clean.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
If you get the mopar ones there is a Uconnect button to deploy. If you get the AMP, there is an optional switch to deploy. I’ve been running around off-road through dirt and mud all weekend and the AMP steps are clean.
Thanks. I should have been clearer. I know you can manually deploy them from the interior. Just wondering if they stay clean in a winter environment with salt/sanded roads.

Users who are viewing this thread