5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power side step question

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
The owners manual says you can manually deploy the power steps in the Uconnect. But I only find "Auto" and "Store" as settings in there. I want to deploy (extend) the steps and leave them there with the doors closed while I wash the vehicle to help me reach the high spots. How do you do this?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My screen says "Deploy" and when I do it then changes to "Stow".

I think your icons you are referring to are in the "Settings" section .. my reference is on the (cr@p mine just went blank - I need my coffee) .. "controls"? area.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
My screen says "Deploy" and when I do it then changes to "Stow".

I think your icons you are referring to are in the "Settings" section .. my reference is on the (cr@p mine just went blank - I need my coffee) .. "controls"? area.
Yes true the settings I see are in the "settings" section (auto and store). I will look elsewhere. Thanks.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Manual deploy is in Controls in the 12" display. Same place as heated/ventilated seats.

Thanks, @bdcramer1 .. not sure what size he had since he never said and it wasn't in his sig block - unless I am blinder than I thought :) Mine is 8.4 and cell caps below.

I remember finding mine by accident while I was waiting for a couple friends to walk out to go to dinner .. I was like .. WHOA! -- no more yelling WATCH YOUR SHINS when anyone tried to get in LOL

take some time @FastBlackRam to get to know your vehicle ..

1569699573162.png

1569699598171.png

1569699615216.png

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The owners manual says you can manually deploy the power steps in the Uconnect. But I only find "Auto" and "Store" as settings in there. I want to deploy (extend) the steps and leave them there with the doors closed while I wash the vehicle to help me reach the high spots. How do you do this?
It’s in controls. Deploy step will be an option.

bdcramer1

Reaction score
It does take a while to remember to avoid the deploy to the shins effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I saw it this evening. @Diamondback, all limiteds have the 12.
One more question as I haven't taken in ALL the features yet (it is a looooonnnng list), I didn't notice if it said retract when they are auto deployed. I assume it does since you are all taking about bringing them in to save someone's shins lol.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I saw it this evening. @Diamondback, all limiteds have the 12.
One more question as I haven't taken in ALL the features yet (it is a looooonnnng list), I didn't notice if it said retract when they are auto deployed. I assume it does since you are all taking about bringing them in to save someone's shins lol.
I think it does, but it resets to auto deploy/retract the next time you restart anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread