5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power seat went forward by itself

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Odd thing happened today. I parked my truck in the garage last night and came out today and noticed my drivers seat was WAY forward.

13572B06-D7C1-45C2-ADC7-8A26E0878A2B.jpeg
My first guess was something pushed against the power button but all was clear. I tried to move it back and the forward/back button did nothing but then a few minutes later I was able to get it to work and all seems fine now.

First of all I’m amazed how far the seat goes forward. No way anybody could physically drive it like that. Hate to think of it malfunctioning like that while driving.😲

I have no idea what happened and wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ this is what I was thinking. Accidently bumped a memory button if you have that option.

vincentw56

Reaction score
^^^^ this is what I was thinking. Accidently bumped a memory button if you have that option.
Funny thing, my Aunt who didn't know she had this, accidentally pushed it while sitting in it. She thought her truck was trying to kill her.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny thing, my Aunt who didn't know she had this, accidentally pushed it while sitting in it. She thought her truck was trying to kill her.

Same happens to me if I start my wife's car with her fob. It's like the Star Wars trash compactor minus all the water, trash, and puppets.

Dewey

Reaction score
Do you have memory settings?
No. That would have been my first guess.

I was thinking more in the lines of a short or switch malfunction. Only way I can explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread