5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power seat not moving back and forth all others fine

Ted wilson

Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 limited.
I used the power seat button to move the seat all the way back to do some work under the dash when I went to move the seat back up the seat won’t move forward or backward, but it will move up and down the tilt works. The lumbar works. The only thing that doesn’t work is moving the seat forward and back. I also tried putting pressure on the seat from behind with somebody hitting the button to see if it was just stuck or something in that didn’t help.

Is there a reset or a fuse for each direction on the power seat? Any idea what happened? P?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 limited.
I used the power seat button to move the seat all the way back to do some work under the dash when I went to move the seat back up the seat won’t move forward or backward, but it will move up and down the tilt works. The lumbar works. The only thing that doesn’t work is moving the seat forward and back. I also tried putting pressure on the seat from behind with somebody hitting the button to see if it was just stuck or something in that didn’t help.

Is there a reset or a fuse for each direction on the power seat? Any idea what happened? P?
Check to make sure there isn't something that fell in the seat track. Can you hear the motor trying to turn?

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I am working on it this morning i did not ser anything first glance the othet day. I did not hear anything so i will try fuses.

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I could not see how to get the seat off of the yrack so i took the whole track up

I can noe see the motor trying to move it forward but it is not moving

I suspect that the motor feeds into a plastic gear that drives the screw. Itisprobably bad on one side.

I also see how to get the seat off of the rack assembly but need to get the trim around the lower seat off. I see one screw in back and some clips. Then i think there are some large star bolts holding the seat.

I will look at the warranty i bought with the truck to see if it is covered. I bought it the other side of town but may take it to them if getting to whatever is between the flex shaft from the motor and the feed screw is like

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I cannot find the gears or gear and lead screw for the 2019. Only a whole subframe for $500. I am going to check the warranty and call the parts department.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I cannot find the gears or gear and lead screw for the 2019. Only a whole subframe for $500. I am going to check the warranty and call the parts department.
Hopefully you can get it repaired quick and less expensively

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could not see how to get the seat off of the yrack so i took the whole track up

I can noe see the motor trying to move it forward but it is not moving

I suspect that the motor feeds into a plastic gear that drives the screw. Itisprobably bad on one side.

I also see how to get the seat off of the rack assembly but need to get the trim around the lower seat off. I see one screw in back and some clips. Then i think there are some large star bolts holding the seat.

I will look at the warranty i bought with the truck to see if it is covered. I bought it the other side of town but may take it to them if getting to whatever is between the flex shaft from the motor and the feed screw is like
If you have extended warranty, hopefully it covers it. I had a maxcare warranty through Dodge on an older vehicle that covered the power seat

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I noticed that one side was firther back than the other. I got my feet on the back and pressed on the left side.

The seat now moves. Not sure what happened but i am glad it started working.

Users who are viewing this thread