5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running boards

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
What is the best lubricant to use on all the moving parts of power running boards? WD40 or silicone? Any advice welcome.
THanks

witcohe

Reaction score
I'd be interested in that also. I would think that the fact that the running boards are exposed to the elements so much that neither of those would be very long lasting.

braggster

Reaction score
I'm no expert but I would think that silicone would be best. I think it repels moisture better.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
WD-40 won't last a week. I'd tend to agree about using a marine grade product for winter use. But not sure it would be good to use if you drive in dirty/dusty conditions.

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
I'm going to try white lithium spray grease and see if works out OK. I update how I get on.

Skater

Reaction score
I'm going to try white lithium spray grease and see if works out OK. I update how I get on.
I used white lithium grease on my power running boards on my F-150 for five years and it worked great. You can also get some garage door lithium grease. To my knowledge, it is the same lithium grease as all others, just labeled for garage doors.

Users who are viewing this thread