5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running boards

dalailama23

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to deploy them without opening the door , like for washing. the manual says you can but i cant find it , see attachment

Attachments

• Side steps.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 53

gregbaker1979

Reaction score
I’m going from memory here, and not looking at the screen right now...Hit the Control icon and then there should be a sidestep deploy icon in the middle of your screen. That will leave them deployed until going above a certain speed.

Spirito2

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to deploy them without opening the door , like for washing. the manual says you can but i cant find it , see attachment

On the uconnect there's an option under controls... atleast on the 12in there is

dalailama23

Reaction score
I’m going from memory here, and not looking at the screen right now...Hit the Control icon and then there should be a sidestep deploy icon in the middle of your screen. That will leave them deployed until going above a certain speed.
Thank You that was it. keeping them down in a crowded parking lot keeps people from dinging your doors.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank You that was it. keeping them down in a crowded parking lot keeps people from dinging your doors.
Great idea, never would've considered that! Don't think the steps are high enough to stop a some SUV/truck doors, but should work for most cars.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great idea, never would've considered that! Don't think the steps are high enough to stop a some SUV/truck doors, but should work for most cars.

Dont forget to raise up the air suspension for the SUV's if you got it! I call this ParkingLotDefenseMode(tm) and will encourage it's use until I'm 6 feet under lol

I'm usually one to not fight for a parking spot and park in the back where it's open. But for parking structure spots or event parking, running boards out, air up and mirrors in is my go to.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Your right they are bit low for trucks . my 15 Laramie boards were higher and i never got dinged once, but ALWI228 is correct you could raise the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread