5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running boards not on UConnect

bborzell

Reaction score
I have a ‘22 1500 Laramie with dealer installed electric running boards. The dealer did enter the sales code. Without the entry, the boards will not deploy (according to the install instructions).

But, the boards do not show up in the head unit. RAMcare says it is a dealer issue and my dealer believes they have done what is needed according to install instructions.

After two weeks, one would think that there have been sufficient start cycles to add the soft buttons to the head unit controls. Perhaps RAM decided to eliminate the control option.

reggiefl

Reaction score
I'm at the dealership right now (different from where I bought the truck), waiting for my oil change / tire rotation.... I asked them to check on adding the control on the screen. They said they will check all sales codes attached to my VIN, will see.

reggiefl

Reaction score
*UPDATE*
Back from the dealership, they flashed with sale code MR7, they did the oil change and rotated tires. When I took my car back I immediately looked at the screen, I couldn't see the new icon. Then I remembered that it takes a few cycles to show up. I waited...two days later the icon showed up, Yeah ! it's finally working.

Attachments

• RAM Deploy Steps.jpg
    RAM Deploy Steps.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 27

ckearns54

Reaction score
You can take care of it yourself if you have AlfaOBD. There are 3 areas you need to change. They will give you the option for the soft key in the Controls section to deploy or retract the Mopar power boards, give you a settings options for automatic or stow, and lastly have a screen that displays in your gauge cluster showing the status of the boards.

Let me know if you need help with the items that need to be changed in AlfaOBD. If not then the installer at the dealership skipped the first step in the directions which shows the sales code (MR7) they were supposed to enter.
Do you need any tools or equipment withe the alfaobd?

ckearns54

Reaction score
How do you get the security bypass. Do you recommend a Bluetooth OBD II reader?

ckearns54

Reaction score
Looking for help.
Just got 2023 rebel. When I adjust the dash cluster my floor ambient light come on and no way of turning them off. Any ideas?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
How do you get the security bypass. Do you recommend a Bluetooth OBD II reader?

for Android Phones ONLY - Wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic OBD2 Scanner Car Code Reader and Scan Tool for All 1996 & Newer Vehicles ELM327 Compatible OBDII https://a.co/d/c2dXtpX

Users who are viewing this thread