5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running Boards Discontinued ????

spinxt

Reaction score
It appears that MOPAR discountinued the power running boards as an accessory. I guess that means those of us that didn’t opt for the option when building (or bought pre-owned like me) are out of luck (or have to go the aftermarket route).

Does anyone know the reason they were discontinued?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First that I am hearing of this, was this told to you via the dealership ?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It appears that MOPAR discountinued the power running boards as an accessory. I guess that means those of us that didn’t opt for the option when building (or bought pre-owned like me) are out of luck (or have to go the aftermarket route).

Does anyone know the reason they were discontinued?
Source?

spinxt

Reaction score
I went to three online MOPAR retailers and they showed “discontinued” on their websites. Then I called my local dealer and they show the same in their computer.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Hmmmm, makes me wonder if they will be doing an updated one, or leaving the folks to come up with their own.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I just discovered the same thing a week ago with the black tow hooks.

PorBoy

Reaction score
My guess is most folks don’t want to pay what they want for these parts.

spinxt

Reaction score
My guess is most folks don’t want to pay what they want for these parts.
That was my first guess, but they same reasonably priced compared to high quality aftermarket options. What I liked is the dealer could flash and turn on the Uconnect functionality.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Found the reason for the tow hooks being discontinued. Mopar is having an issue with the company that makes the current hooks and is trying to find another company to make them. Who knows how long that will take.

bucolic

Reaction score
I just ordered the power running boards and had them installed by my dealer. They took about 1 week to come in and then I had them installed. They even had Saturday hours for the install. They worked great for about 5 cycles and then the driver's side got stuck deployed and it is throwing a message to get them serviced. Have an appointment for next Saturday to hopefully get them fixed. They are really nice. They come down lower, are wider, and are very solid when stepping on them. Just have to get through this week without ripping it off by hitting a curb LOL

Users who are viewing this thread