5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running Board Help

RichM1983

Reaction score
I guess I should update this. I should have a long time ago. I got the steps to work I put the stupid pin in the fuse box in the wrong terminal so it wasn't getting any power. I was looking at the directions upside down lol.

Once I got that swapped they worked just fine. Best item I have purchased for the truck. I love them.

Thanks all for the help.

der9765

Reaction score
I guess I should update this. I should have a long time ago. I got the steps to work I put the stupid pin in the fuse box in the wrong terminal so it wasn't getting any power. I was looking at the directions upside down lol.

Once I got that swapped they worked just fine. Best item I have purchased for the truck. I love them.

Thanks all for the help.
Where did you ever find the missing grey connector?

RichM1983

Reaction score
Where did you ever find the missing grey connector?

I never did. I shrink wrapped the pins and luckily they have enough grab to hold the pins in the module and then I taped them into the box. Worse that could happen is they come unplugged. I fixed them so they wouldn't short out.

johanh13

Reaction score
I never did. I shrink wrapped the pins and luckily they have enough grab to hold the pins in the module and then I taped them into the box. Worse that could happen is they come unplugged. I fixed them so they wouldn't short out.
PM me if you still need/want that connector...

2020laramiespt

Reaction score
hello i had purchased the oem running boards and had to buy harness and module seperate... i have everything hooked up but having an issue with the power that goes in the fuse box... i had pulled everything apart and the spot where the wire is suppose to go i already have a wire in there from the factory... a purple wire with red tracer anyone know what I can do?

Attachments

• 20201001_174028.jpg
    20201001_174028.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 71

hellmans

Reaction score
directions wrong move to the other connector besides it looks the same

RichM1983

Reaction score
directions wrong move to the other connector besides it looks the same
This is not true.

The directions are correct and were correct for me. I just looked at it wrong. Pay close attention to the pic in the directions. I was confused on the pic orientation and put it in the wrong spot.

Don't spread B.S.

VICsRebel

Reaction score
Did anyone get the part numbers for the harness and the control module? Also anyone have pictures of the instructions? I have this part #68422689AB for the harness but every time I look it up it says it's for a trx and not my rebel.

Htsderek

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread