5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power outlet not working?

Shuga

Reaction score
I have the interior outlet plug in my 2020. I tried to plug a shop vac into it so I could vacuum the truck and nothing happened. I did the same for the plug in the back seat and it came on for split second and then shut off.
Am I missing something? How do I get the plugs to work? The truck was on the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't found the AC outlets to be useful for powering much of anything. They are fine for a laptop charger. My wife uses hers for a curling iron. It would be nice if it would at least power a hot pot for when we're camping LOL.

McRaminic

Reaction score
I plugged in my Lenovo laptop and it apparently killed both outlets. Worked fine in my 2011 Ram. I was going to try and find fuse or what the issue is, but if I can't even use it for charging a laptop I don't have much use for it anyhow. I've seen other reports that for Lenovo you need a 3rd party charger for the Ram 2020s. Seems like a backward step. I don't need it that much...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with plugging in my Dell laptop on my 2020 Laramie.

Shuga

Reaction score
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard it can’t handle a shop vac or a laptop

Shuga

Reaction score
What am I so post to plug in their then?

Users who are viewing this thread