5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Mirrors Hit Windows

OGTRIPLEOG

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you retract the power mirrors they hit the driver and passenger window? Is there anything that can be done?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you retract the power mirrors they hit the driver and passenger window? Is there anything that can be done?
If you examine close, most realize that they don’t come in contact it just sounds like they do. Mine do not contact.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Sounds like they do but they don’t. Get a piece of paper and stick it between the mirror and the glass. It’s close but they don’t hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Thought mine hit....they don't. Look closely and as others suggest, get a business card or something to slide between the mirrors and the windows. I suspect you'll find they they don't hit and you are just hearing/seeing them hit their internal limits.

JAK

Reaction score
Mine actually did and the dealer swapped in new mirrors. Did take 2 days.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have tow mirrors so it eliminated the problem for me, sorry, I couldn’t resist. :LOL:
You completely stole what I was going to say. Great Minds Think alike. Also you don't have to worry about your 360 surround view going out either! :ROFLMAO: #WinningNotWinning

PTRAM

Reaction score
Okay, something else for me to check out now. I would say right now that mine hit as it sure sounds like it, but will check in a few minutes when I take a short drive. (only had mine since Dec.12, 2018 so still checking things out) Okay, went out and while the wife was getting our supper, I checked the mirrors. It sounds like they hit but they don't or at least on the driver's side and I am pretty sure the passenger side didn't either. I was sure they were hitting before this thread--so thanks.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Okay, something else for me to check out now. I would say right now that mine hit as it sure sounds like it, but will check in a few minutes when I take a short drive. (only had mine since Dec.12, 2018 so still checking things out) Okay, went out and while the wife was getting our supper, I checked the mirrors. It sounds like they hit but they don't or at least on the driver's side and I am pretty sure the passenger side didn't either. I was sure they were hitting before this thread--so thanks.
Welcome to the club, used my son to verify they didn't hit.

Users who are viewing this thread