5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Mirror Problems

GWOT_made

Reaction score
Hit the button to unfold my power mirrors today and both opened but the passenger side opened and kept clicking for about 15 seconds after they were fully open. Hit the button again to fold them (my idea of troubleshooting) and only the driver side folds in. After a few more touches of the button, just lots of weird grinding sounds coming from the passenger side mirror. I get out and open it but the mirror won’t even stay locked in the fully open position, it kind of flaps in the wind.

Anyone had this issue before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlycarille

Reaction score
Took mine in and they ordered a new one under warranty. There is a tsb on this. I would just take to the dealer and tell them to replace under warranty.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So mine finally broke last week. This is my first failure of any significance. I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to call my new local dealership . That's on my to do list this morning. I use the power fold feature a lot in parking lots and now that I'm in Michigan, the car wash. Since it broke, the mirror is actually a little loose, not locking in the open position.

Maybe I should start a "Woe is me" thread about how much turmoil and worry this parts breakage has caused me....... ;)

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hit the button to unfold my power mirrors today and both opened but the passenger side opened and kept clicking for about 15 seconds after they were fully open. Hit the button again to fold them (my idea of troubleshooting) and only the driver side folds in. After a few more touches of the button, just lots of weird grinding sounds coming from the passenger side mirror. I get out and open it but the mirror won’t even stay locked in the fully open position, it kind of flaps in the wind.

Anyone had this issue before?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello GWOT,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you could please reach out to us privately with your VIN, we can try to assist you further from our end.
Laura
RamCares

So mine finally broke last week. This is my first failure of any significance. I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to call my new local dealership . That's on my to do list this morning. I use the power fold feature a lot in parking lots and now that I'm in Michigan, the car wash. Since it broke, the mirror is actually a little loose, not locking in the open position.

Maybe I should start a "Woe is me" thread about how much turmoil and worry this parts breakage has caused me....... ;)

Hello Just Cruisin,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If you need assistance throughout this process please do not hesitate to reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Just Cruisin,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If you need assistance throughout this process please do not hesitate to reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

I've got an appointment at Parkway on Thursday. It shouldn't be a big deal. The writer mentioned they often can reset the mirror without need of replacement. It'll get fixed one way or another. No worries.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with my passenger side mirror. What is the TSB number for this? I need to take my truck in for the bottom bed seal for road noise and should take care of the mirror on the same trip.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've got an appointment at Parkway on Thursday. It shouldn't be a big deal. The writer mentioned they often can reset the mirror without need of replacement. It'll get fixed one way or another. No worries.

Hello Jus Cruisin,
Thank you for taking the time to share. If we can be any assistance in the future, feel free to reach back out.
Laura
RamCares

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to update, went to the dealership Thursday and they said "yup, it's broke". Ordered a new mirror that day and after a trip back to the dealership today, all is good. No fuss.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to update, went to the dealership Thursday and they said "yup, it's broke". Ordered a new mirror that day and after a trip back to the dealership today, all is good. No fuss.
I live in Michigan as well, and I wonder if its frozen water from the car wash that stripped the gears...food for thought anyway.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Michigan as well, and I wonder if its frozen water from the car wash that stripped the gears...food for thought anyway.
A possibility for sure but I think it was just a faulty part from the get go. I had noticed that mirror would make an additional move when opening for quite a while. Might have been calibration that pull it open longer than needed that stressed the gears.

jelthoma

Reaction score
It’s strictly bad parts in the mirrors. Passenger side was replaced under warranty and now at 57k the driver side has broken. They were never operated in freezing temperatures so it can’t be that. After the first failure knew it was only a matter of times operated before the driver side would fail. The gears sound very cheaply made.

Users who are viewing this thread