5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Folding Tow vs Manual Mirrors

allenmj

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find any previous topics, so if there is I apologize.

Just picked up my 2022 Big Horn. I had the Big Horn level 2 package included which is supposed to include power folding mirrors.

I also have the Trailering/Tow package which includes the Tow mirrors.

So... which one takes presidence. Shouldn't I have the Power Folding Tow Mirrors? It appears I have the manual folding mirrors. My build sheet shows both. (??)

Anyone able to provide some clarity?

Konrad

Reaction score
Back in 2019 when I bought my truck, if you ordered tow / trailering package, the electric folding mirrors were replaced by manual folding, rotating tow mirrors. There was no option for electric folding tow mirrors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

allenmj

Reaction score
Back in 2019 when I bought my truck, if you ordered tow / trailering package, the electric folding mirrors were replaced by manual folding, rotating tow mirrors. There was no option for electric folding tow mirrors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. If that's my only complaint about my beautiful new truck I'll be ok.

Thank you!

LX Sport

Reaction score
I believe you can only get the power folding tow mirrors on the Laramie/Limited, not on the Big Horn.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have power folding mirrors on my 2022 Big Horn.
You have power folding but not power folding trailer towing mirrors.
My Rebel has the power folding, I install the aftermarket mirror extensions held with rubber straps when I tow my 8 foot wide enclosed trailer, they are not the best but do the job.

Konrad

Reaction score
I install the aftermarket mirror extensions held with rubber straps when I tow my 8 foot wide enclosed trailer, they are not the best but do the job.

Try these - they work great, easy install and remove, no rubber straps and they look like an OEM thing

K Source 80730 Snap & Zap Custom... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV9VX3D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
30664401c324f38ad7c0f9bc73278acc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try these - they work great, easy install and remove, no rubber straps and they look like an OEM thing

K Source 80730 Snap & Zap Custom... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV9VX3D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They do look good and much better than my mirrors with the straps, I had to replace the straps and it was $20, the only thing is the ones you are suggesting are not quite as wide as my strapped mirrors.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a useful image Konrad! - at first glance it looks like you can see more in the regular mirror, but in the tow mirror you can see farther behind the trailer

Konrad

Reaction score
That's a useful image Konrad! - at first glance it looks like you can see more in the regular mirror, but in the tow mirror you can see farther behind the trailer
Yep, exactly. The additional one isn't a wide angle mirror (on the contrary - I think it's slightly magnifying), but it sticks out further and when properly adjusted it shows you the area well beyond reg mirrors coverage. You need to point it quite precisely.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You posted a real good image, you would actually see further down the road from the driver’s side by not having the awning frame in the way, I think I would get a set of those mirrors before buying the replacement straps again.
Thanks for the posting and image.

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
With my 2021 Limited the Tow package included Manual Tow Mirrors. The power Tow Mirrors is a Separate option (I got it and believe it was $425.00) Chrome or Black are available based on your other Trim choices.

Maccam

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find any previous topics, so if there is I apologize.

Just picked up my 2022 Big Horn. I had the Big Horn level 2 package included which is supposed to include power folding mirrors.

I also have the Trailering/Tow package which includes the Tow mirrors.

So... which one takes presidence. Shouldn't I have the Power Folding Tow Mirrors? It appears I have the manual folding mirrors. My build sheet shows both. (??)

Anyone able to provide some clarity?
i got the same thing.to my understanding the tow mirrors do not come as power folding on the big horn

mtjag

Reaction score
So am I to understand the power folding mirrors don't manually rotate up for towing?

mtjag

Reaction score
Yes, you understand correctly.
I have power-folding tow mirrors.
I have to manually rotate them up to look cool.
Good to know. Actually, I misstated my question. I was just wanting to know that the power folding mirrors did, in fact, manually fold up for towing...and to look cool.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. Actually, I misstated my question. I was just wanting to know that the power folding mirrors did, in fact, manually fold up for towing...and to look cool.
No. The power folding mirrors don’t flip up. The power folding TOW mirrors do.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Power folding mirror:
1676863069927.png

Power folding Tow mirror:
1676863126872.png

Users who are viewing this thread