5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Folding Tow Mirrors

Stony0604

Reaction score
Anybody think they will ever have this as an aftermarket option?

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really hope so. Manually folding the drivers side mirror got old fast.

abishoff

Reaction score
What’s wrong with upgrading with factory mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cudapower

Reaction score
This is the most "missed" feature Ram has goofed on. I personally know 2 people that bought Pords due only to the non folding tow mirrors on half tons. They were actually going to buy Rams and when they got to the mirrors that did it. They said if Ram doesn't have that feature what else is screwed up on the truck and they changed brands. Come on Ram you have them on the 3/4 ton its a no brainer to put them on the half.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The other thing you lose with the tow mirrors is the 360 degree park assist feature. I was surprised that no one at the dealership were even aware of this when I bought my truck.

John Jensen

Reaction score
You all confuse me. Here's what my ordered 2020 3500 Laramie build sheet includes. Disagrees with everything you are saying. Or, am I missing something?

Surround View Camera System
Trailer Tow Mirrors
Power-Folding Mirrors
Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
Exterior Mirrors w/Memory
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory
Aux Mirrors, Power-Adjustable

Stony0604

Reaction score
My 2019 1500 doesn't have power folding tow mirrors

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You all confuse me. Here's what my ordered 2020 3500 Laramie build sheet includes. Disagrees with everything you are saying. Or, am I missing something?

Trailer Tow Mirrors
Power-Folding Mirrors
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
You are.
The 1500s don't have power foldable mirrors like the 2500-3500s. Nor can they be had with 360 surround camera view.
I know, pretty boneheaded decision on FCAs part.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Trailer Tow Mirrors
Power-Folding Mirrors
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
It'd be great if Ram would do that for the 1500's too. Not worth upgrading to the HD just for the mirrors if I don't otherwise need the towing or cargo capacity of one.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Sorry - had no idea you were talking about 1500s. There were no indications it was about 1500s. That's what I miss with these new forum formats - they no longer show the poster's ride - only useless messages and points.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry - had no idea you were talking about 1500s. There were no indications it was about 1500s. That's what I miss with these new forum formats - they no longer show the poster's ride - only useless messages and points.
This thread is in the “5th Generation (2019+) 1500 > Exterior” forum/subforum, according to the top of the page.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Trailer Tow Mirrors
Power-Folding Mirrors
Chrome Exterior Mirrors

If you get the trailer tow group it nukes $2,000 in options they still bill you for

Check your monroney sticker.

Surround–View Camera (NAW Trailer–Tow Mirrors)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's up to us to put our truck information in our signature. It's definitely helpful to know the specifics of what people are asking about. But to be fair, this forum is specific to 1500's.

John Jensen

Reaction score
You all have vividly pointed out what I overlooked or missed. Thank you, it's much appreciated.
With the forum's title, "5thgenrams" I just assumed all 5th gens. I missed the fact that it is 5thgenrams, 1500s only. Now I know. It also explains why it doesn't list a 6.7 engine under "Powertrains" - duh! That should have been a clue.
A great forum by the way :D

Stony0604

Reaction score
You all have vividly pointed out what I overlooked or missed. Thank you, it's much appreciated.
With the forum's title, "5thgenrams" I just assumed all 5th gens. I missed the fact that it is 5thgenrams, 1500s only. Now I know. It also explains why it doesn't list a 6.7 engine under "Powertrains" - duh! That should have been a clue.
:LOL: all good brother. We're all still family here

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here's the HD counterpart:

Cheers,

mikestoys

Reaction score
Well It looks like I have the missing 1500 limited with full function trailer tow mirrors (2021) power fold, surround camera, heat, bsm indicator & it's the one feature that I really dislike ! In the up position, the height blocks my view - in the down position the wide angle strip on the outside keeps me from seeing the next those vehicles next to me- sure wish I could pay the dealer to change to the regular limited mirrors ? but they won't or can't

mikestoys

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Limited Ivory white, crew cab, 4x2, hemi 5.7, 3.92 anti-spin, 33gallon, Rambox, owl tires, multi function tailgate, bed utility group, pace edwards FM jackrabbit tonneau cover, power fold trailer tow mirrors, curt 56584 w/ opt7 tailgate light strip, technology group, limited level 1 equipment,

Users who are viewing this thread