5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors

Bigmarv

Reaction score
I just bought my first Ram truck 2020 big horn. Last one was a 2004 bought in 2005. Any way... My window sticker says it has power folding mirrors. Yet when I push the button nothing happens. Does the window sticker just mean it's only the power for the glass? Or am I a noob and don't know what I'm doing. Have to bring to the dealership for an unrelated problem and don't want to sound like an idiot telling them it's not working and I really don't have that feature. Thanks guys.
Ps. I am loving all this power compared to my 2004.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought my first Ram truck 2020 big horn. Last one was a 2004 bought in 2005. Any way... My window sticker says it has power folding mirrors. Yet when I push the button nothing happens. Does the window sticker just mean it's only the power for the glass? Or am I a noob and don't know what I'm doing. Have to bring to the dealership for an unrelated problem and don't want to sound like an idiot telling them it's not working and I really don't have that feature. Thanks guys.
Ps. I am loving all this power compared to my 2004.
Are they tow mirrors? They are only power adjust, not power folding.
If not tow mirrors, they should be power folding.

Bigmarv

Reaction score
Are they tow mirrors? They are only power adjust, not power folding.
If not tow mirrors, they should be power folding.
Yes they are tow mirrors. Next question then would I be able to put regular mirrors on and the power folding work then?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes they are tow mirrors. Next question then would I be able to put regular mirrors on and the power folding work then?
Yes. You can even find power folding tow mirrors if you wanted them. They just don't offer them on big horn trim levels from the factory.
Either way, you'll need the door module for both sides and the switch assembly with the mirror control button.
After installing, you'll have to enable the feature in the BCM with AlfaOBD or similar programming tool.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

plus the posts here where posters have completed it

Users who are viewing this thread