5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Still curious what it says on your POC from the time of order. If that said Level 2 instead of B, and that did in fact get changed during production without your approval, that may be your best chance at getting something done about it. If the POC from when you ordered has level B then I would say there's not much you can do. The POC is the priced order confirmation, I'm not sure if they give you one if you order in person at a dealership but from ordering remotely it was something emailed to me as a final confirmation of the options I wanted before placing the order.
poc states this
subject to change.jpg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You paid $56k for a Bighorn?!?! 😲

Anyway, with all the advice here, you don't happen to have the button shown in this picture between the L and the R do you?
downloadfile.jpg

Just asking because you mentioned passive entrty too.

The BH does not have proximity locks or auto fold mirrors at any trim level. It does have keyless entry, press the button on your key fob. It also has power folding mirrors, press the button on the door.

Making sure you know the difference in the options. You very well might.

HAL9001

Reaction score
The pandemic has made it worse but it was f'd up before as well. If you wanted now relatively ordinary safety features like Blind Spot Detection and/or F/R detection you had to add on a specific package costing thousands more. Then to get something else such as towing options, you had to add on another package costing a lot of money. Then God forbid if you wanted a more modern-looking truck without so much chrome because something like a night edition package, where they simply swap in some body-colored bumpers and such, costs many thousands more. Before you know it, that truck you thought you could get for around $35-40K suddenly costs around $60K or more. Add another $10K if you want leather or a decent sound system.

This is certainly not limited to RAM, all the manufacturers know exactly what we want and carefully devise their package add-ons to add tens of thousands to the base cost. I'm surprised you even get tires with a base model.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
The pandemic has made it worse but it was f'd up before as well. If you wanted now relatively ordinary safety features like Blind Spot Detection and/or F/R detection you had to add on a specific package costing thousands more. Then to get something else such as towing options, you had to add on another package costing a lot of money. Then God forbid if you wanted a more modern-looking truck without so much chrome because something like a night edition package, where they simply swap in some body-colored bumpers and such, costs many thousands more. Before you know it, that truck you thought you could get for around $35-40K suddenly costs around $60K or more. Add another $10K if you want leather or a decent sound system.

This is certainly not limited to RAM, all the manufacturers know exactly what we want and carefully devise their package add-ons to add tens of thousands to the base cost. I'm surprised you even get tires with a base model.
Exactly!!! A nice Ford 150 lariat that I looked at was 56$.. no sun roof.. little display monitor... no black out look.. that's why I leased.. try it out für a few years. Then maybe get a. PRIUS..🤣🤣

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Regardless of what the paperwork says if they change things they need to let the customer know .am I supposed to check my status every single day. I get it though.. I'm over it..
the dealers are just as frustrated as you with all the changes the factory has been making without telling anyone.

Gary1243

Reaction score
I’m probably a bit late to this party but in reading all the comments on this thread just thought I would share my RAM purchase story………..

I had no allegiances to any particular brand over the years. I’ve owned one ford F150, one Chevy K2500, and lastly a nice little Nissan Frontier. All 4x4s and I had good luck with all of them. I buy new and keep them for a long time.

Decided it was time for a new truck in March of 2021. At the time I did not know the supply problems the pandemic was beginning to create with vehicles. Ram won me over this time because of the stellar reviews and to me, great looks. I had pretty specific requirements and am usually very practical (Meaning I usually sway towards the less expensive side of things when I can). In March of 2021 they still had the 6-10k rebate programs going on.

Our local dealer had about 70 trucks in stock. Almost all were those ghastly night or sport editions! And loaded with about 10k of options I didn’t want. Must haves were a bighorn, black or burgundy, etorque V8, 33 gallon tank, chrome (I’m Old), power trailer mirrors for my narrow garage, 3.92, tow package, blind Spot monitoring and level 2 package. No surprise to most of you out there , but that was difficult (and in some cases impossible) to find anywhere. The local dealer said he had to order and would only do MSRP without any guaranteed rebates. He also didn’t want to waste time helping me find something on a dealer trade because it wasn’t out there.

Long story made longer……After several weeks of scouring the websites of dealers throughout the Pacific Northwest I ended up finding 2 Laramie 1500’s at a dealer 60 miles away. One black and one white, both had the exact specifics I wanted plus more , even the chrome package that apparently no one wants these days, but a Laramie (too fancy for me). Never even looked at one before. They had them both priced at 51K (No sales tax in Or) I called and they were both on the lot so I drove there. Last time I had love at first sight was 44 years ago and you can probably figure out who that was! I guess they just wanted to get rid of that black, chrome eyesore because 3 hours later they gave me a high book trade in, and that fancy laramie with a 58K MSRP for 51K………..a year later BEST truck I have ever owned.

In fact I still have a hard time believing one, that I’m driving such a nice truck and two, my wife agreed to marry me In the first place , and three, she’s still married to me!……………………………..You can go back to sleep now🙂.

Gary

Reaction score
The only thing it seems you’re missing out on is the power folding mirrors. Even the level 2 package big horns do not come with passive keyless entry, only keyless start, unless something changed for 2022.

Gary1243

Reaction score
You are correct. Another reason for the Laramie. It came with CHROME power folding trailer mirrors. I did not know that at the time I was looking for bighorns only.

Reaction score
I'm happy with it..I do miss passive entry more than mirrors.. next one I'll make sure!
Just add passive entry. Buy two handles and a harness from Jimmy07 on this forum and meet with someone that has Alfaobd and let them get you set up. There’s a write up on here about adding passive entry.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm happy with it..I do miss passive entry more than mirrors.. next one I'll make sure!
I was surprised how quickly I got used to it in my last vehicle. Didn’t know I wanted it until I had it!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the power folds on my Limited I hardly use...but the passive entry is a must have.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Power folding mirrors were a must for me. I can't get in my narrow garage without them. I also live in both VT and FL where there are very narrow back roads. When I meet another truck coming at me, I fold the mirrors in. That's probably saved them a few times, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread