5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nah.. just the standard ones. I can find power folding tow mirrors online.. to install after market.. but I can't find standard ones.. I'd rather have passive entry.. my friends that work for Ford were laughing at me when I told them about no passive entry in a 63k$ truck lol..
I was laughing at the Ford salesman when I was ordering a 2021 F150 XLT Lariat and I had to select the High Equipment Group, just to get power folding side mirrors and LED taillights. It was pretty disappointing to spend over 60k and I couldn't get power running boards or a panoramic sunroof either. They also couldn't promise a delivery time of less than 8 months. There's a lot of give and take between the brands, but it seems you get a lot more truck for the $$ with Ram.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
I was laughing at the Ford salesman when I was ordering a 2021 F150 XLT Lariat and I had to select the High Equipment Group, just to get power folding side mirrors and LED taillights. It was pretty disappointing to spend over 60k and I couldn't get power running boards or a panoramic sunroof either. They also couldn't promise a delivery time of less than 8 months. There's a lot of give and take between the brands, but it seems you get a lot more truck for the $$ with Ram.
Yea exactly.. and it didn't have led headlights lol.. they said at the time I ordered the 22s didn't come with them unless limited..

HemiDude

Reaction score
build sheet states
"Manual Folding Exterior Mirrors"

window sticker states
"Big Horn Level B Equipment Group"

probably nothing can be done now
sorry
Actually, it says both :oops:

1648077914375.png

Adl.42375

Reaction score
build sheet states
"Manual Folding Exterior Mirrors"

window sticker states
"Big Horn Level B Equipment Group"

probably nothing can be done now
sorry
Right. I know that.. issue I'm upset over as we built it for last time.. he knew I wanted Level 2.. all those options, especially mirrors. I paid 2700 for the package.. which is same with the mirrors.. so why pay full amount and have no mirrors? Maybe the dealer will do something for me.. hope.. or not going back there next time. Thank you for help..✌

Adl.42375

Reaction score
no it does not
power mirrors is the ability to adjust them from inside the truck

happens all the time
Yes I thought that was funny too like who powers them from outside the truck it's 2022!@I mean come on but I specifically stated in his office level 2 package and he knew that but for some reason his computer had level B it was an honest mistake but still hopefully they might do something for me

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Right. I know that.. issue I'm upset over as we built it for last time.. he knew I wanted Level 2.. all those options, especially mirrors. I paid 2700 for the package.. which is same with the mirrors.. so why pay full amount and have no mirrors? Maybe the dealer will do something for me.. hope.. or not going back there next time. Thank you for help..✌
this kind of stuff has been hapening ever since the 2022 model year started

if you have already taken delivery then I do not see anything that can be done.

this is NOT the dealers fault.
this is rams fault

we all here have been dealing with issues like this since the MY2022

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
here is probably what happen
as production for your truck was scheduled there were not enough modules for the power folding mirrors so your order was switched to level B.
same thing happened to me with level A.
how ever after reading some posts about what ram uses (plastic gears) I am ok with not having them

HemiDude

Reaction score
no it does not
power mirrors is the ability to adjust them from inside the truck

happens all the time
I stand corrected. I pulled my build sheet and it does explicitly say "Power-Folding Mirrors". That super-sucks for the OP

1648078873835.png

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Prior to receiving my new truck, I received a "build sheet" from i[email protected] which showed all the items and components that made up my truck. I used this when I took delivery to check to make sure that I got everything I was supposed to. Mine listed the Rebel 2 level equipment group for the options I chose. Not sure if you rec'd anything from this website, it appears it tracks the builds, but more importantly it gives you a detailed list of all your options on your vehicle.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
You guys or gals, being PC... are awesome.. thank you for all the info advice and laughs..✌❤💪

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys or gals, being PC... are awesome.. thank you for all the info advice and laughs..✌❤💪

Still curious what it says on your POC from the time of order. If that said Level 2 instead of B, and that did in fact get changed during production without your approval, that may be your best chance at getting something done about it. If the POC from when you ordered has level B then I would say there's not much you can do. The POC is the priced order confirmation, I'm not sure if they give you one if you order in person at a dealership but from ordering remotely it was something emailed to me as a final confirmation of the options I wanted before placing the order.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
Still curious what it says on your POC from the time of order. If that said Level 2 instead of B, and that did in fact get changed during production without your approval, that may be your best chance at getting something done about it. If the POC from when you ordered has level B then I would say there's not much you can do. The POC is the priced order confirmation, I'm not sure if they give you one if you order in person at a dealership but from ordering remotely it was something emailed to me as a final confirmation of the options I wanted before placing the order.
I believe it said level B.. when he put it in the system I'm remembering him assuming B was the same as 2.. I'll look in my folders. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread