5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors

Adl.42375

Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 1500 Bighorn.. with night Edition, towing and level 2 packages..12 inch screen..63,000$ vehicle.. on my way home I realized the mirrors weren't power folding.. after getting home realized it didn't have passive entry! Come to find out the passive entry doesn't come on Bighorn.. but the mirrors was a mixup duec to discrepancy on level B vs level 2 ... complete bs... anyone have any advice? I have a complaint filed... first time truck and Ram buyer.. and not happy..

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats too bad. Did the level 2 show up on your order sheet or B? They flipped back and forth some.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
I'll have to check.. but my sales manager did say something like that after he spoke to Chrysler. But that's bs..I ordered it totally under the impression of level 2. It's an easy hook up to add those mirrors. They should honor it and add them. But I do have a feeling they won't. Let's just say I'm not happy with this new change in choice of vehicles. Been a Ford guy and have had amazing service from local dealer.. just fell in love with Ram look.. not a good start .. everything else has been great.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully the dealer will help you and sucks you didn’t catch it earlier. Like you, I was intentional when I ordered level 2 and not B. I haven’t got my truck yet, but the BS showed I had them which made me feel a bit more comfortable. I was worried they would get dropped

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are these tow mirrors? I was under the impression that tow mirrors do not power fold

Adl.42375

Reaction score
Nah.. just the standard ones. I can find power folding tow mirrors online.. to install after market.. but I can't find standard ones.. I'd rather have passive entry.. my friends that work for Ford were laughing at me when I told them about no passive entry in a 63k$ truck lol..

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are these tow mirrors? I was under the impression that tow mirrors do not power fold

Just for the record, on the 1500s the tow mirrors came with the option of power folding starting for the 2021 model year (finally!). Along with this you now also get the 360 camera view that was previously eliminated by selecting the tow mirrors.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah.. just the standard ones. I can find power folding tow mirrors online.. to install after market.. but I can't find standard ones.. I'd rather have passive entry.. my friends that work for Ford were laughing at me when I told them about no passive entry in a 63k$ truck lol..

So what was showing on your POC at the time of order, level 2 or B? If you ordered with level 2 you should be fighting for what you ordered with ram/dealer.

Adl.42375

Reaction score
Wait, you paid 63k for a big horn?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol... nah.. sticker was 63.. I got it for 56,234 .. but I got sound system, panoramic roof, 12 inch display and night night edition. With tow package and big horn level B.. but wanted Level 2

HAL9001

Reaction score
Why not just buy a Laramie?

Not trying to be snarky. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
I can't speak for the OP but I wanted to buy a Laramie over a year ago, well before the shortages. There were very few around but every dealer had loads of Big Horns everywhere. I assume because the Big Horn probably hits the mark for the best bargain point in a RAM and thus are much more popular than other models. There were always about 90% Big Horns, a handful of Rebels, a couple of Limiteds, and maybe one or two Laramies, if at all.

Not satisfied with how Big Horns were equipped and not finding a Laramie on the lot I liked, I tried to special order a Laramie to my specs but the dealers would not budge on the price for an ordered truck, the prices were much higher than comparable 1500's on the lots. That held me back for three months.

I ended up with a fully equipped 2021 Night Edition Limited (with almost every option) that I found in a dealer's inventory. That coincided with a sale RAM had going on and I got it for around the same price as what an ordered Laramie would have cost. A heck of a bargain that I just couldn't turn down.

Buying a RAM in a dealer's inventory is usually a lot less expensive than ordering one because they'll deal on those. Since there are not usually a lot of Laramie's in inventory, buying a Big Horn is much easier and you'll get a much better price if you don't mind how it's equipped.

Rhombus

Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 1500 Bighorn.. with night Edition, towing and level 2 packages..12 inch screen..63,000$ vehicle.. on my way home I realized the mirrors weren't power folding.. after getting home realized it didn't have passive entry! Come to find out the passive entry doesn't come on Bighorn.. but the mirrors was a mixup duec to discrepancy on level B vs level 2 ... complete bs... anyone have any advice? I have a complaint filed... first time truck and Ram buyer.. and not happy..
What color do you need? I have a white set of power folding mirrors. The right glass has some light scratches due to a moron using a dirty clay bar on it

Adl.42375

Reaction score
Why not just buy a Laramie?

Not trying to be snarky. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I get it..I wanted the night edition look. And with sunroof and 12 inch display it would've been almost 70.. my first truck so I leased.. traded in my wife's edge I got great deal.. my next one I'll be smarter.. do love the truck though..I find a dealer in Arizona that has a package for power mirrors in crystal granite for 850$.. I'm going to try to get dealer to cover it or most of it.. if not I'm asking for cash back or credit..

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One of the reasons I upgraded to a Laramie was for Passive Entry. Don't know why they don't offer it on Big Horns, it is pretty common place for most manufacturers these days. The mirrors have apparently been hit and miss (along with some other options), which was why I jumped on the dealer-stock G/T I found. It had everything I would have ordered, and I didn't have to wait and hope for a complete build.

If your build sheet shows power folding mirrors, hold your dealer's feet to the fire, and good luck!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'll have to check.. but my sales manager did say something like that after he spoke to Chrysler. But that's bs..I ordered it totally under the impression of level 2. It's an easy hook up to add those mirrors. They should honor it and add them. But I do have a feeling they won't. Let's just say I'm not happy with this new change in choice of vehicles. Been a Ford guy and have had amazing service from local dealer.. just fell in love with Ram look.. not a good start .. everything else has been great.
you are not in the tracker
did you special order or take off the lot?

post you vin so we can see your build sheet

Last edited:

Adl.42375

Reaction score
What color do you need? I have a white set of power folding mirrors. The right glass has some light scratches due to a moron using a dirty clay bar on it
Granite crystal or black.. thank you though for looking out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/