5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Folding Mirrors

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I ordered a '22 Rebel early December.....

Rebel B
Rebel 12
Night Edition

I just got my build sheet and it says Manual Folding Mirrors....

Do they not offer Power Folding Mirrors on a $65k truck?

My '15 Big Horn has them.

I can't find them listed on any of the Option Packages.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rebel Level B only includes manual-folding mirrors. The Rebel Level 2 package has power-folding mirrors. Ram has intermittently offered either/or (and it looks like you ordered when Level B was available).

chris288

Reaction score
I ordered Rebel level 2, order was accepted and it got switched mid stream without my knowledge.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, there's been a ton of discussion on this forum about it. My original Rebel order was a Level 2, and the factory just changed it to Level B (without asking or saying anything). So when I reordered, and only Level B was available, I added the trailer power-folding mirrors for an extra $445. That was the only solution, to still get folding mirrors.
Then I kept the TRX, so didn't end up with either of the Rebels.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, this chip shortage is getting ridiculous. When I ordered my Laramie, they just switched from Level 2 to Level B and I lost BSM.

mike146

Reaction score
recently inquired about going from level b to level 2 to get the power folding mirrors. Would have to put in new order, and all price increases that go with it. Would have cost about 2700 dollars just for the power fold. I said no thank you. And of course my endless obsession with this website, I have since found out that the power folding mirrors weren't automatic when locking the truck. For me, that is really the point of the power folding, to auto fold when locking the truck. Got used to that on my Lexus RX350 and do like that. Few other creature comforts from that car that will not be dupicated in the Ram Rebel I am waiting on, but the Rebel is still so much better and can't wait for it to get here.

Like everyone else. LOL

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it just wasn't very clear on the option list.....

Unfortunately at the time, only the Rebel A or Rebel B packages were available.

Honestly the only time I really use them is when I park in the garage....but since both the new truck and the '15 Big Horn won't both fit in the garage together, it probably isn't an issue.

BGL

Reaction score
Tow package includes the tow mirrors which are not powered.

I like it better that way, it keeps them from parking too close.

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
that infotainment site that has been floating around has oem power fold mirror kits. easy install it appears. 1500 bucks..but that is a thought for down the road. I too got screwed by the level 2 to B thing. The dealer didnt even know the differences. Perhaps down the road I will just say **** it and order the kit..or price out the parts at the stealership and see what those will run.

SemperFi

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel level B (Level 2 option wasn't even available). I was told it would have PFM as I requested this specifically. Picked up the truck and low and behold, no PFM? Truck has literally every other option including HK with the 12" screen, but no PFM?!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so this stuff is so weird to me... Because i experienced the exact opposite. when i ordered, i had no idear the diff betwixt Rebel Lvl B and Lvl 2.... but on the site builder it was only Level B. (i just assumed thats what they were calling level 2 for MY 2022.) anyways i get to the dealer, they put in my order and w/o even mentioning it they did it as Level 2. and on my order proposal i noticed the site printed Level B and they crossed it out in pen and wrote Level 2. I was so focused on the fact that i couldn't get the Advanced Safety Group (which was also just crossed out in pen and said "no" next to it. :ROFLMAO: ) that i didn't even ask about the 2/B stuff. "dodged" (🤪) a bullet on that one i guess and now that i read this thread and looked thru my build sheet mine was in fact built with level 2 and has power-fold on the mirrors.

Stupid coronavids. it's amazing the reach this whole thing has had. In 2018, didn't even think about 70% of the stuff we just do now... Even tho i do feel like a super hero cuz i can't leave home w/o a mask... although... that analogy doesn't really track since super heroes mask the top half of their faces... and leave the corona half unguarded... just to brag i'm guessing. :cautious:

mtnbikej

Reaction score
YEah, I ordered the Level B on my Rebel back in December....thought it was the only option available....gotta love the knowledegable salepeople. :rolleyes:

Since they screwed me and I ordered with another dealer the same day, I was able to change my order to the Level 2.....let's hope that doesn't present a problem or delay.

So now I will get my power folding mirrors.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
YEah, I ordered the Level B on my Rebel back in December....thought it was the only option available....gotta love the knowledegable salepeople. :rolleyes:

Since they screwed me and I ordered with another dealer the same day, I was able to change my order to the Level 2.....let's hope that doesn't present a problem or delay.

So now I will get my power folding mirrors.
Yeah it’s weird. From what I’ve seen and experienced, Level B and Level 2 are never available together. It’s always either/or. Presumably, based on availability of the power folding mirrors.
However….
Some people have placed orders on the same day (with different dealers) and had different availabilities. That is, one got Level 2 and the other got Level B. So my running theory is that FCA is reserving the better options (during times of restriction) for favored dealers.

Edit: Well, it’s either that, or FCA is just screwed up and don’t know what they’re doing. I have some evidence to that effect in other circumstances.

Csiezega

Reaction score
My dealer was able to order a level 2 package (late December). Was going to order a Laramie until I found out I could not get BSM. Crazy times.

ashott989

Reaction score
My two cents. I placed an order 12/10 for a big horn that I cancelled and reordered 12/17 to get hydro blue instead of delmonico red and in that window of time they went from Level B to Level 2. So I'd guess that's when they went back to allowing power folding mirrors.

Coops

Reaction score
My Rebel has Level 1 and the power fold mirrors but the dealer did order it with Luxury leather seats and a few other goodies that don't come with the L1 order. I've yet to find the setting which folds them automatically when I shut the truck off and it may not have this feature but at least the button is there. Here though, the .ca ram site is less than stellar as we only have the L1 or L2 options besides the night edition and Rebel 12. The dealer has more choices when ordering but to play with the build and price feature online our website sucks. The only option we can't get from what the Sales guy told me is the sunroof.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Rebel has Level 1 and the power fold mirrors but the dealer did order it with Luxury leather seats and a few other goodies that don't come with the L1 order. I've yet to find the setting which folds them automatically when I shut the truck off and it may not have this feature but at least the button is there. Here though, the .ca ram site is less than stellar as we only have the L1 or L2 options besides the night edition and Rebel 12. The dealer has more choices when ordering but to play with the build and price feature online our website sucks. The only option we can't get from what the Sales guy told me is the sunroof.
There is no option to auto-stow the mirrors when you turn off the truck. But it can be done with AlfaOBD (I think).

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Funny how two things I never considered important in the past (power folding mirrors & heater steering wheel) are pretty much a requirement for me these days. I won't buy a new vehicle without those things now.

The power folding mirrors especially with how big these trucks are and how tighter parking spaces have become. As mentioned, just wished they folded when the doors were locked like so many of the vehicles I've had before.

Users who are viewing this thread